We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Really not sure what area!

St Albans, United...
Level Contributor
91 posts
21 reviews
Save Topic
Really not sure what area!

Jeez this is a tricky one. I'm coming to Koh Samui for a few days, before heading onto Koh Phnang for 4 days at a very exclusive and "out of the way" resort.

So we were hoping to have a bit of fun in Koh Samui for a few days. We'd like to stay at a 5* resort ideally, which is walking distance to a lively area. It needs a pool, and needs to be close to a beautiful beach and bars/restaurants.

I've been looking at the below guide:

mydestination.com/kohsamui/usefulinfo/618108…

and I'm really torn.

Can anyone recommend some nice 5* hotels which match my criteria? There just seems to be SO much out there!

FYI I am looking to spend up to about £130 a night, so that means no Vana belle :)

Edited: 24 February 2014, 20:56
St Albans, United...
Level Contributor
91 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Really not sure what area!

One hotel that's taken my fancy is Paradise Island Estate - it seems to be pretty close to Chaweng Noi - which seems to be the right mix of party and bars, whilst also being chilled. Paradise Island Estate seem to do free shuttles to the area too. Anyone tried it?

[EDIT] Actually having read a bit more, it seems like it can be quite a distance from the fun / beach... back to the drawing board! [/EDIT]

Edited: 24 February 2014, 21:11
Bray, Ireland
Level Contributor
867 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Really not sure what area!

The liveliest area is central chaweng with soi green mango being the liveliest street, I've stayed near it but 5* hotels beyond my budget so can't help there, but if you want to be close to the action I'd look for somewhere in this area.

perth
Destination Expert
for Ko Samui, Thailand
Level Contributor
20,288 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Really not sure what area!

Hi

Your budget is not really for 5* beside that most truly 5* resort are not closed to lively area even Vana Belle stil, a bit away from it.

If you want to be closer to lively area have a look at The Libary beach resort( might over be your budget) The Libary located in chaweng central within walking distance to the party scene.

Keep in mind the room rate in high and peak season will be double and triple.

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
1,737 posts
79 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Really not sure what area!

Agree true 5 star could well be a bit beyond that budget but there's a couple that will come close and be within walking distance to party central chaweng.

Pea's suggestion of The Library, also look at Synergy Villas and there will be no reviews yet but a brand spanking new hotel opening in April is Ozo.

Italy
Level Contributor
39,484 posts
206 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Really not sure what area!

I personally don't like the Library we visited it last year with the intention of staying there and found it to be completely lacking in atmosphere with concrete buildings and the beach in front is'nt good and it is definitely not within your budget.

Check out these websites to see what's within your budget in South Chaweng, the best beach is between the Samui Paradise resort and the Banana Fan resort.

www.hotelscombined.com www.asiatravel.com www.sawadee.com

St Albans, United...
Level Contributor
91 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Really not sure what area!

Thanks Chrella.

After thinking about it for longer, I think that Banana Fan Sea Resort ticks all our boxes. People seem to LOVE the service/friendliness of the resort (and that's a big deal in my books). It's a short walk to the party area and seems to be on the best part of the best beach in Koh Samui!

Thanks for all of your help :)

London
Level Contributor
1 post
12 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Really not sure what area!

Paradise Island Estate is a fantastic resort with private deluxe villas, we stayed there and can highly recommend it. 2 minutes by Golf Cart to Chong Mon white sand Beach and 6 mnutes drive to Chaweng.

Fantastic service and excellent accommodation.

Southport
Level Contributor
121 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Really not sure what area!

I'm staying in Anantara Lawana Resort and Spa in Chaweng. It looks fantastic! Check it out.

Edited: 04 March 2014, 22:40
9. Re: Really not sure what area!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 06 March 2015, 05:20