We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Really struggling which area and hotel to book Ko Samui

England
Level Contributor
169 posts
26 reviews
Save Topic
Really struggling which area and hotel to book Ko Samui

Really struggling..!! Don't know what area to stay in in Ko Samui !!

Couple, want romantic and nice beach and hotel and pool area.

Mid range budget - can't afford Four Seasons price range sadly!!

Thanks in advance

Lauren

perth
Destination Expert
for Ko Samui, Thailand
Level Contributor
20,288 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Really struggling which area and hotel to book Ko Samui

Hi

Mid range ? Can you give roughly price? Midrange for you could be expensive for me or vice versa. When are you going ? Do you want quite beach, mixed or the middle of all things?

Give more details you will get more replies.

Italy
Level Contributor
39,484 posts
206 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Really struggling which area and hotel to book Ko Samui

Hi, it's important to know your budget but good beach areas are Choeng mon and South Chaweng, check out www.hotelscombined.com www.asiatravel.com and www.sawadee.com to see what's available for your budget in these areas.

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
15 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Really struggling which area and hotel to book Ko Samui

agree with Sweetpea...your mid range budget is different for others.

we stayed the southern end of Chewang Beach 2 years ago...a bit quieter but a bit of a walk into the main drag, we walked it with the kids sometimes just getting a tuk tuk one of the ways there or back if anyone was tired. but I loved the walk so much to see on the way

try the hotel websites as they all vary but you may find a bargain somewhere good luck

London, United...
Level Contributor
54 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Really struggling which area and hotel to book Ko Samui

We've booked Anantara Lawana in North Cheweng for July this year having previously stayed in the Centara Grand in the South Cheweng. Its not in the same price bracket as Four Seasons and in a quiet part of Cheweng with good access, 15 min walk, to the main bars/restaurants etc.

Lexington Park...
Level Contributor
5 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Really struggling which area and hotel to book Ko Samui

We are currently staying at Nora Beach Resort in Chaweng and love it!! We have a Nora Villa, which is supposed to have a garden view, but we can see and hear the beach from our covered balcony. The villas are so romantic... Enclosed private outdoor entrance with an outdoor shower, high ceilings, wood floors, big jacuzzi tub, and a shower with a glass ceiling. The pool is fabulous and the beach off the resort is quite nice and very picturesque. The water is rather shallow so you can walk/swim pretty far from the shore. The included buffet breakfast has a wide selection of food. The resort also offers a shuttle to and from the town. Certain times are free, others cost 50THB. I would definitely recommend staying here!

Edited: 20 March 2014, 10:12
Southport
Level Contributor
121 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Really struggling which area and hotel to book Ko Samui

http://lawana-chaweng.anantara.com/

I go out to ko samui at the end of April.

Staying just outside Chaweng in this lovely 5 star resort. Its got real good reviews and is mid range :)

Edited: 20 March 2014, 12:53
Norfolk, United...
Destination Expert
for Chaweng, Ko Samui
Level Contributor
36,421 posts
349 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Really struggling which area and hotel to book Ko Samui

What is mid-range?

I have stayed at many hotels on Samui of varying budget, but unless we know what you actually budget it is hard to suggest.

Some might consider mid range £100 a night whilst others might think £25 is pretty mid range!

Even within a star category you have a whole range of prices - four seasons is pretty top end the 5*, whilst the proces at the north of Chaweng that say they are 5* are more like very nice 3* and the price reflects this.

Edited: 20 March 2014, 13:49
Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
4,390 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Really struggling which area and hotel to book Ko Samui

Have a look at the Hansar Samui. Arguably one of the best pools on the island.

Cheers

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
2,145 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Really struggling which area and hotel to book Ko Samui

Agree with fresh prince?

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
4,390 posts
60 reviews