We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Tours

West Sussex
Level Contributor
211 posts
55 reviews
Save Topic
Tours

Hi all,

Going to Koh Samui next Friday...can't wait.

Just a quick question. Tours...thinking mainly snorkelling/boat tours here, but can you book them on the island for the next day/ day after? Or do they have to be booked in advance? I guess this depends on the time of year. Ideally we are either looking at Angthong or Koh Tao.

Also, I presume there is somewhere you can go to book these tours when you are out there? Eg a jetty or through your hotel etc?

Thanks in advance!

perth
Destination Expert
for Ko Samui, Thailand
Level Contributor
20,288 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Tours

Hi

You can book inadvance via I tenet or aair until you get there. There are plenty of tour agents on street or book with your hotel tour desk.

Norfolk, United...
Destination Expert
for Chaweng, Ko Samui
Level Contributor
36,718 posts
352 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Tours

Hi

Agree, lots of places to book when you get there.

Have fun!

Ko Samui, Thailand
Level Contributor
757 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Tours

Hi there,

You can book whilst on Samui, but book as you arrive do not leave it to the end and start booking as many have been disappointed. The price they give you can be bartered, but if they reduce it for Angthiong ensure it includes the entrance fee 200 baht p/p

If its particularly Koh Tao you want to visit then make your own way there on the ferry, because the tour companies now do not spend much if any on Koh Tao itself. Return ferry to Koh Tao 1,100 baht p/p

Good luck

West Sussex
Level Contributor
211 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Tours

Thanks all for the replies. What about companies like 100 degrees east? They have pretty good reviews.I guess they probably do need to be booked in advance, and presume that they only do certain tours on certain days? The only reason I ask is that we are only in Koh Samui for 6 days as part of our tour.

Thank you.

Norfolk, United...
Destination Expert
for Chaweng, Ko Samui
Level Contributor
36,718 posts
352 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Tours

Hi

If you want to do a particular tour with a particular company then you will need to book in advance.

Harrow, United...
Level Contributor
2,119 posts
225 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Tours

It may not be comparing apples with pears but 100 Degrees East's quote was more than double that quoted by Samui Explorer Tours for the Angthong National Maritime Park full day tour.

West Sussex
Level Contributor
211 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Tours

Did you use samui explorer tours Dave? If so what were they like? What was the boat like? Did it have a loo etc on it?

Thanks

Harrow, United...
Level Contributor
2,119 posts
225 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Tours

Actually, we had booked in advance but didn't do the tour in the end as my wiffe's hip was playing up. But Michelle at Samui Explorer Tours was really kind about it it, and we didn't have to pay a penny. I was so impressed that I would not hesitate to go back to SET.

West Sussex
Level Contributor
211 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Tours

Ah what a shame. I hope your wife's hip is better now. Good excuse to go back to Samui!

Harrow, United...
Level Contributor
2,119 posts
225 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Tours

We probably will, but there are so many places we still want to see that I really don't know when.