We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Snorkeling and Sightseeing Tours - Koh Samui

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
10 posts
8 reviews
Save Topic
Snorkeling and Sightseeing Tours - Koh Samui

We will be on our Honeymoon in April-May, and are looking to book a day out touring the islands/beaches, but there is so much variety which makes choosing difficult.

If you have done tours whilst visiting Koh Samui, what tour do you recommend? What was your experience?

Thank you in advance.

Adelaide, Australia
Level Contributor
1,048 posts
268 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Snorkeling and Sightseeing Tours - Koh Samui

100 Degrees East without a doubt.

On our first trip to Koh Samui in May 2012 we did Angthong and Koh Tao with them.

On our second in February of this year we did Koh Tao only. We also did a trip to Koh Taen with a cheaper company and the differences in service and experience was extremely noticeable.

I'd reccomend 100 Degrees without hesitation. Small groups, very professional staff, a real effort to avoid the tourist crowds (as much as possible) and a well equipped boat.

The higher price is well worth it.

Bray, Ireland
Level Contributor
867 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Snorkeling and Sightseeing Tours - Koh Samui

I'd highly recommend doing a tour to ang thong national park. I done it last year, any of the travel agents would sort it out for you. I done a kayaking and snorkelling tour, was really good. We also stopped off on one island where we climbed up to a viewpoint over looking a lake which was really beautiful.

Ko Samui itself doesn't have good snorkelling but ko Tao which is an hour and a half away by ferry is superb. You can go by your here if you want but there is really no need as you can just hop on the ferry yourself. It'd be worth spending a few days there but if you don't have the time, you could still do a day trip. I thought the 2 best places on this island for snorkelling that I found were tanote bay and nang yuang island just off ko Tao. You get get a taxi from the pier to tanote bay or a boat taxi to nang yuang island.

New Zealand
Level Contributor
579 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Snorkeling and Sightseeing Tours - Koh Samui

Another vote for 100 degrees east. Check out there website

australia
Level Contributor
203 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Snorkeling and Sightseeing Tours - Koh Samui

I have to recommend 100 degrees East. You will not have a better day. Having said that, we did have a lovely day on The Naga once but preferred the snorkelling trip with 100degrees more.

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
4,485 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Snorkeling and Sightseeing Tours - Koh Samui

100 degrees east and Samui boat charters are 2 of the more highly recommended operators.

Cheers

6. Re: Snorkeling and Sightseeing Tours - Koh Samui

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 24 March 2015, 04:51