We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Split beach?

Southport
Level Contributor
121 posts
35 reviews
Save Topic
Split beach?

Hello guys

My partner has seen a picture of a beach that is supposedly on Ko Samui, that goes out to sea a little with sand and a few little islands, i though it was mae name, or is it koh Tao or koh nang yuan?

Is it easy to get too from koh samnui?

Cheers

Chris

Wirral, United...
Level Contributor
2,370 posts
142 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Split beach?

This beach? - http://www.travelblog.org/Photos/7643833

If so, it's Koh Nangyuan just off Koh Tao. You can do a day trip from Samui on a speedboat, it takes you to snorkelling spots around Koh Tao and you end at Koh Nangyuan

Nuremberg, Germany
Level Contributor
7,619 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Split beach?

I guess it is Koh Nang Yuan and you can book daytrips everywhere on Samui. …picturepush.com/photo/a/9007770/img/%25231-…

Southport
Level Contributor
121 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Split beach?

That's the one

Thanks guy

Cheers

Chris

Southport
Level Contributor
121 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Split beach?

Lomprayah catamaran will take me there?

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
4,382 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Split beach?

Hi,

Yes Lomprayah do the excursion but if you want go with companies that are highly recommended, look at both samuiboatcharter.com/vip-snorkeling-marine-p… and

http://www.100degreeseast.com/ as these companies operate to the highest standard, take the fewest passengers and are premium tour providers. You cannot book tours for the business' I have listed above through tour booths or booking agents, you need to book direct.

Cheers

Southport
Level Contributor
121 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Split beach?

Will them other companies just take me to the island?

My partner isn't very fond of snorkeling really.

Cheers,

Chris

Edited: 26 March 2014, 12:15
Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
4,382 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Split beach?

Yes of course. No one will force your wife to snorkel.

Cheers

Phoenix, Arizona
Level Contributor
290 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Split beach?

Chris R - When I was last there, we booked a snorkeling trip from Koh Phangan, which included a stop at Nang Yuan.

I wan't thrilled with the snorkeling trip. Would've preferred to just take a towel and a book and hang out on Nang Yuan for a few hours at my leisure. I did notice that our ferry picked up general public from Nang Yuan when our snorkelling group got on, so it has to be possible to just book passage from Koh Samui or Koh Phangan to Koh Tao, assuming a stop at the Nang Yuan dock.

I'm going to test my theory when we return in July. There is a restaurant on the island, but I wasn't that impressed with the food. I'll probably hit up the restaurant at whatever bunglow we're staying at to pack us some food.

Southport
Level Contributor
121 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Split beach?

I am staying in Samui, go over at the end of April 28th) so I'll let you know what I think after I've been. Thanks fokr the help, ill see what i can find.

Take care buddy

Cheers,

Chris

10. Re: Split beach?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 31 March 2015, 06:15