We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Day boat trips between Full Moon and Samui

Melbourne, Australia
12 posts
Save Topic
Day boat trips between Full Moon and Samui

Hey guys,

Im looking to do the April 2014 full moon.

I might book a place for the night of the 14th to avoid the morning stampede for the return boats to Samui.

However, I cant find much information for afternoon boats back to Samui, only in the evening.

Would anyone be able to assist with any information for boat transfers from Koh Phangan back to Samui during the afternoon please :)

Norfolk, United...
Destination Expert
for Chaweng, Ko Samui
Level Contributor
36,560 posts
349 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Day boat trips between Full Moon and Samui

Hi

There are regular ferries between Samui and Phangan. The Haad Rin Queen from Big Buddha Beach at Bangkrat directly to Had Rin is the easiest. However it is crowded every day before, during and after the full moon.

To be honest there is no stampede, just queues. You can buy VIP tickets that get you to the front of ferry queues, which you can buy when you get there. There are lots of speedboats plying this route around full moon.

You won't be able to book accommodation for 1 night. Most hotels and hostels will expect 3-5 nights accommodation to be booked and paid for.

Easiest would be to find a room for 3-5 days on Phangan or stay on Samui and buy a FMP ticket and ferry combo from the pier in Bophut.

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
4,395 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Day boat trips between Full Moon and Samui

The only way you can stay just the 1 night during the FMP, will be if you stay outside of Haad Rin.

Cheers

Seaham, United...
Level Contributor
563 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Day boat trips between Full Moon and Samui

We just did the full moon this month and used the VIP boats that operate from petcherat marina. It cost 1600 baht each but at 5am when we were ready to head back we were allowed to stride past the (huuugggeee) queue for speedboats and get straight on one heading back . Think there were a few comments from the queue but was worth it. Would definitely pay the difference again was worth it massively . Hope you enjoy it's an experience to say the least!x

Melbourne, Australia
12 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Day boat trips between Full Moon and Samui

thanks for the info :)

i can find accomo for one nite on the island, but its not near the beach. a taxi would be required, but seems fairly cheap overall.

If i did do that, are their ferry services which run during the day, ie around midday. from what i have found on the net, all the services between the island are from late evening to the morning.

Melbourne, Australia
12 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Day boat trips between Full Moon and Samui

yer i dont mind doing that for one nite as long as i can get a boat back during the afternoon

Melbourne, Australia
12 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Day boat trips between Full Moon and Samui

hey thanks :)

yer im lookin forward to it. ill be doin the trip their on ma own so looking forward to meetin some new random ppl ha. catching up friends in thailand later but they wanted to do a shorter trip.

to be honest, i dont mind paying extra as long as i dont have to stress in the morning to get back

thanks for info :)

7. Re: Day boat trips between Full Moon and Samui

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 28 March 2015, 04:17