We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Where in Koh Samui ????

Milan, Italy
Level Contributor
19 posts
129 reviews
Save Topic
Where in Koh Samui ????

Hi, we are a family of 4 people with 2 teenage girls and are spending 3 weeks in Thailand. I have booked 4 nights in Bangkok, 4 nights in Chiang Mai and the remaining days in Koh Samui. I still have to choose a hotel. I would love a bungalow, to open the windows and see the ocean. I understand we are more likely to find better weather condition in July in this part of the gulf. Which is the best part of the island, with some night life close to it but away from it during the sleep?? Also I read there may be tides on the eastern part of the island?? Is it better to keep the rented car to move around ? Thank you for ANY suggestion.......

Raffey

perth
Destination Expert
for Ko Samui, Thailand
Level Contributor
20,288 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Where in Koh Samui ????

Hi

Check out south chaweng beach and cheongmon beach.

In south chaweng beach have a look at Baan Talay beach front room you might like. Its not bungalow as such but you re literally right on beach. Banana fan sea resort is another one might suits.

In chaongmon beach you might like Samui honey cottage.

There are few bungalows on chaweng beach but many of them are in chaweng central which can be quite busy and loud.

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
359 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Where in Koh Samui ????

South Chaweng would be ideal for your holiday. As much as I love Choeng Mon and would normally recommend it to anyone, there really isn't that much there to occupy your teenage girls. The shopping and just general activity is far greater in Sth Chaweng and it really is a lovely stretch of beach.

You would also be closer to the busier section of nightlife.

Madrid, Spain
Level Contributor
14 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Where in Koh Samui ????

Hi, I agree....with two teenage girls, Chaweng Beach is probably the best choice. I would recommend Burirasa Village or Samui Paradise. Check out www.livelovesamui.com, they can help you both with accomodation, tours and activities, are very reliable and sometimes offer great discounts. Have a great holiday!

Norfolk, United...
Destination Expert
for Chaweng, Ko Samui
Level Contributor
35,968 posts
333 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Where in Koh Samui ????

Hi

Which is the best part of the island, with some night life close to it but away from it during the sleep??

A] I also agree about Chaweng.

You have to pay a real premium to hear the sea, but there are still a few beach front places at many of the resorts. Why not look at something like hotelscombiined.com and see what appeals to you and your budget for the Chaweng area.

Also I read there may be tides on the eastern part of the island??

A] it is the sea there are always tides, it is controlled by the moon.

Is it better to keep the rented car to move around ?

A] yes if that is what you want to do, we normally do.

I also agree about Chaweng.

You have to pay a real premium to hear the sea, but

Milan, Italy
Level Contributor
19 posts
129 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Where in Koh Samui ????

Thank you for tour help..... I am checking sites and places. As far as the car is concerned, I still don't know if, considering we travel from Bangkok to Chiang Mai and then all the way south to the island, it is better to keep the rented car also on the island, or move by plane and boat and forget the car... Or not even renting it and move different ways. Has any of you travelled around Thailand by car? Is it really dangerous as somebody says????

Milan, Italy
Level Contributor
19 posts
129 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Where in Koh Samui ????

Dear travelling Mitch

, your British sarcasm is phantastic.... In Italy we have the sea, but the tides are very little, and we have the moon as well.

I was reading that in some hotels on the eastern part of Samui you really have to walk a lot to swim even if you are on a sea front accomodation.

The question about the car was different but that's ok.

7. Re: Where in Koh Samui ????

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 01 April 2015, 06:17