We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Centara Grand query

Adelaide, Australia
Level Contributor
68 posts
27 reviews
Save Topic
Centara Grand query

Our family are booked into two interconnecting sea view rooms at the Centara Grand in two weeks.

Looking at the map it appears to be a sprawling resort with many buildings. Can anyone suggest for me which building would be better to request for the best views?

I have also read some not so good reviews of late regarding bathrooms and worn out furniture - can anyone tell me which buildings are the refurbished ones? I am having no luck asking the resort directly.

Thanks

perth
Destination Expert
for Ko Samui, Thailand
Level Contributor
20,288 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Centara Grand query

Hi

We have stayed there but in deluxe pool room which is on the ground floor. If you book sea views room then you room should be in the main building which also house the lobby.

Regarding furniture and bathroom we found them to be just fined everything are in working orders no problem whatsoever.

Cheers,

Queensland
Level Contributor
162 posts
93 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Centara Grand query

Just left yesterday. We stayed in building 1 which had a good view. For a great view I'd say building 3. But seriously any room has a great view . It's really well set out. Have fun.

Norfolk, United...
Destination Expert
for Chaweng, Ko Samui
Level Contributor
35,959 posts
333 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Centara Grand query

Hi

All 8 buildings have great views towards the sea. Not many have what I would call good sea views because of the tall palm trees that line the beautiful beach. The higher floors have better views.

Ok, so folks complain about that. So do you have the palm trees, or cut them down and risk the beach erosion that removing them will cause? The view from the rooms (and we have stayed there several times in different blocks) are good! So many folks complain about something that to be honest is just not possible given the location and what they paid . .

If folks want uba Gucci modern hotels with not a mark on the furniture then head to a brand new hotel. The Centara Grand is an older hotel, and whilst some of the furniture might have a knock or a scrape, we found the beds comfortable, the shower hot, the toilet flushed and the electricity worked - all a bonus in Thailand!

We don't spend a huge amount of time in our room, sleeping, showering, storing our clothes, the beach, the street, the bars, the sun, the food is much more fun than worrying about if our room is a bit outdated . . .

The only rooms that have been recently refurbished are the ground floor pool rooms which have no view at all.

Go with a relaxed view. Expect to see the sea through the beautiful palm trees, enjoy the fabulous gardens, and hey, if the bedside table has a knock on it, then what the heck you are not taking it home!

Edited: 01 April 2014, 06:50
4. Re: Centara Grand query

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 03 April 2015, 06:16