We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Sala Samui or Anantara Bohput? Please help :)

Cambridge, United...
Level Contributor
9 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Sala Samui or Anantara Bohput? Please help :)

Hi All

My boyfriend and I are looking to spend 2 weeks in Koh Samui at the start of December and are trying to decide whether to stay in the Sala Samui or Anantara Bohput. We are looking for a lovely hotel where we can go outside the hotel in the evenings or at lunch for food and drinks and for me massages. We are definitely not trying to find a party place. Can anyone with experience of the area give their opinions on which may suit us better? Thanks for your help

Cambridge, United...
Level Contributor
9 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Sala Samui or Anantara Bohput? Please help :)

Apologies for the spelling, I meant Anantara Bophut

perth
Destination Expert
for Ko Samui, Thailand
Level Contributor
20,288 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Sala Samui or Anantara Bohput? Please help :)

Hi

Both hotel will suits but the beach are better in Charongmon where the Sala located. Anantara are next to fisherman village where you will find plenty of restaurants and bars.

Sala will be a lot quiteter within walking distance to restaurants both on beach and on the main road behind. If you want more options then head to either chaweng or bophut. The taxi from cheongmon beach to bophut or chaweng is approximately 10-15 mins.

Bedfordshire
Level Contributor
1,718 posts
216 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Sala Samui or Anantara Bohput? Please help :)

Both would be great hotels. Anatara would be better if you want a bigger selection of bars and restaurants but the sand is nicer at Choeng Mon. Its slightly grittier in texture at Anatara but I don't think that would bother me.

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
1,737 posts
79 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Sala Samui or Anantara Bohput? Please help :)

Just in case you are not aware of it the start of December is still considered monsoon season for the east coast / gulf side of Thailand. Strong possibilty of plenty of rain. Before Christmas gives you low season and good bargains but there's a reason for that.

You may get lucky and it could stay dry, weather being as unpredictable as it is.

The west coast is the prefered destination as it's usually dry there.

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
140 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Sala Samui or Anantara Bohput? Please help :)

The Sala Samui is a great place, recommend there, more info on www.kohsamui.com

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
2,149 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Sala Samui or Anantara Bohput? Please help :)

We stay at the hotel next door to Anantara and we find the location is perfect. On the edge of Fisherman's Village, it has heaps of great places to eat and little shops. We love being able to wander down the street after a few happy hour cocktails and pick a restaurant on the spot.

Don't forget Friday night is walking street which is heaps of fun!

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
34 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Sala Samui or Anantara Bohput? Please help :)

+1 for Sala Samui here

Cambridge, United...
Level Contributor
9 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Sala Samui or Anantara Bohput? Please help :)

Thanks everyone for you comments. Much appreciated :)

9. Re: Sala Samui or Anantara Bohput? Please help :)

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 22 April 2015, 06:16