We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hotels recommendations in Koh Samui

Chelmsford, United...
3 posts
Save Topic
Hotels recommendations in Koh Samui

Hi,

I am looking to go to Koh Samui early 2015 with my partner. This will be our first trip to Thailand. We are looking for a hotel in close proximity to a beautiful beach, restaurants and bars (ideally walkable). But far away enough to enjoy peace and quiet during the day.

Our budget is roughly £1500 each (2 weeks +).

I am extremely keen on the Mantra Saumi resort, has anyone had experience of staying here and if so, is the hotel on a steep hill? Is it walking distance to a beach, restaurants/bars or would you have to get taxis everywhere?

Your help would be much appreciated!

Emily

perth
Destination Expert
for Ko Samui, Thailand
Level Contributor
20,288 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Hotels recommendations in Koh Samui

Hi

Early 2015 how early? If Jan you will be in peak season. Most hotels are double their price at this time.

Norfolk, United...
Destination Expert
for Chaweng, Ko Samui
Level Contributor
36,214 posts
333 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Hotels recommendations in Koh Samui

Hi

Have you read the reviews on TA --> tripadvisor.co.uk/Hotel_Review-g1179396-d195…

Lami is a nice, but, the sea can be rough there in January. Lots of bars and restaurants there.

cornwall
Level Contributor
69 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Hotels recommendations in Koh Samui

I am currently staying in seascape beach resort. Right on the beach. The pics on their website don't do it justice.

Breakfast is simple but lovely. Outside hotel lots of restaurants,shops, bars. Lightly away from Central chaweng but means u can sleep at night

cornwall
Level Contributor
69 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Hotels recommendations in Koh Samui

I am currently staying in seascape beach resort. Right on the beach. The pics on their website don't do it justice.

Breakfast is simple but lovely. Outside hotel lots of restaurants,shops, bars. Lightly away from Central chaweng but means u can sleep at night

Italy
Level Contributor
39,484 posts
206 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Hotels recommendations in Koh Samui

Hi, i would also check out the Andaman coast as the weather is usually better earlier in the year, the sea can be choppy in Samui and not always suitable for swimming during this period.

6. Re: Hotels recommendations in Koh Samui

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 19 April 2015, 05:16