We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

in need of photographer and a wedding dress

Amsterdam, The...
6 posts
Save Topic
in need of photographer and a wedding dress

hi everyone,

Please help me with this.

I will be in Thailand in June with my husband for our honeymoon.

We didn't have a wedding and so therefore i would like to take some pictures on the beach with a wedding dress and he in a suit.

can we rent wedding dresses/suits on Koh Samui, Koh Tao or Koh Panghan?

Those are the islands we are visiting, and wouldnt mind where to have the pictures taken. As long as on one of those islands we can rent the dress.

Thanks guys

Phuket Town...
Level Contributor
2,289 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: in need of photographer and a wedding dress

Yes it is possible to rent wedding dress. In Thailand a lot of couples get pre wedding pictures made. Try and google wedding studios and Koh Samui, and I am sure you will find some.

Amsterdam, The...
6 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: in need of photographer and a wedding dress

Thank you so much!

i googled it before but i guess the wrong i used the wrong wording for google :)

Phuket Town...
Level Contributor
2,289 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: in need of photographer and a wedding dress

You are welcome. I hope you will be happy with the pictures. :-)

Amsterdam, The...
6 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: in need of photographer and a wedding dress

i just emailed with a photographer in Koh Samui and unfortunately they will be on holiday the time we are in Thailand. bummer!

Its not easy to find anyone online. Or any wedding gown rental shop. Maybe i should just leave it for when i am there and do my search on the island itself.

Thanks again i really do appreciate it!!

Mildura, Australia
Level Contributor
3,569 posts
74 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: in need of photographer and a wedding dress

Something you need you consider is that even if you are able to hire a gown (and I don't think it will be easy on Samui) the styles may not be what you would want.

Is it possible to bring a simple gown from home?

Phuket Town...
Level Contributor
2,289 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: in need of photographer and a wedding dress

There are many wedding studios in BKK, Hua Hin and Phuket. They will have dresses and provide a photographer. I assume it is the same for Koh Samui. At least when I search on google, I get many options.

We got ours made in BKK, but it was poor quality, so got another one in Hua hin. They provided clothes for both.

Ko Samui, Thailand
Level Contributor
566 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: in need of photographer and a wedding dress

I would go for a Western photographer. The tastes of Asians are different. I had a very good experience with Anne Sophie Maestracci (www.annesophiemaestracci.com) on Ko Samui. She specializes in weddings. In my case, she has done a great job doing the photos of my villa: www.homeaway.com/vacation-rental/p3686243

8. Re: in need of photographer and a wedding dress

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 31 May 2014, 21:35
Amsterdam, The...
6 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: in need of photographer and a wedding dress

Thank you!! I will and yes still in need of a photographer.

What are your prices??

Ko Samui, Thailand
Level Contributor
566 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: in need of photographer and a wedding dress

@Race C: You are based in the Philippines?