We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Confused! Flight and time difference?

Southport
Level Contributor
121 posts
35 reviews
Save Topic
Confused! Flight and time difference?

Hello guys!

How are we all?

Can you please help me?

Been racking my brains about this, probably a silly question but at least I'll know for sure.

According to my flight details, we leave Manchester at 14:05pm on the 28th, via dubai - bangkok, and finally arrive in Koh Samui at 14:50pm on the 29th. Apparently the total travel time is 19 hours and 55 minutes, so let's say, 20 hours. Taking into account the time differences and such, what time will we arrive in Koh Samui please?

Cheers,

Chris

Mansfield
Level Contributor
607 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Confused! Flight and time difference?

Your flight times will be local times so you'll arrive on KS at 14.50hrs.

Actual flight time will be approx MAN -DXB 7hrs, DXB-BKK 6½hrs, BKK-USM 1hrs

Edited: 23 April 2014, 21:53
lewes uk
Level Contributor
9,490 posts
189 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Confused! Flight and time difference?

Hi,

14:50. It's possible with tight connections.

Basically lunchtime flights will get you into Bangkok early morning so it makes sense.

Cheers

Edited: 23 April 2014, 21:55
Warwick, United...
Level Contributor
1,284 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Confused! Flight and time difference?

If your travel details show 14.50 that is the time you will arrive in Samui .All times shown are local times along the way.

The time difference at the moment is six hours.If you add all the flight times together plus the stopovers in Dubai and Bangkok then it should add up.

Southport
Level Contributor
121 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Confused! Flight and time difference?

Thanks Guys!!

Muchly appreciated.

4 days until Samui!

Can't wait.

Thanks again,

Cheers,

Chris

Norfolk, United...
Destination Expert
for Chaweng, Ko Samui
Level Contributor
36,391 posts
349 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Confused! Flight and time difference?

Hi

Many years ago I trained as a travel agent, and one of the questions on our final exam was about departure time / arrival time and the length of the flight!

leaving UK at 14:05 and arriving into Samui 14;50 - the time different is 7 or 6 hours.

So the departure time from the UK 14:05 would be around 21:05 [or 9pm] in the Samui on that day. 21:05 on day 1 to 14:50 on day 2 when you arrive is just short of 20 hours. Or the other way, when you arrive in Samui it would be 07:00 (7am) UK time, so 14:05 on day 1 and 07:00 on day 2 is also just short of 20 hours.

The time different is 6 hours when we are on SMT and 7 hours when we are on GMT!

I have family in AUS so have been thinking in 2 time zones for over 30 years, you do get use to it!

[ps you don't use pm on the 24 hour clock only only the 12 hour clock, 2:05pm or 15:05, bit like mixing your metaphors!]

6. Re: Confused! Flight and time difference?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 26 April 2015, 06:15