We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Where to stay in June?

Brisbane, Australia
3 posts
Save Topic
Where to stay in June?

Hi

Am getting overwhelmed with information and trying to decide which part of Samui to stay in for a week mid June.

Will be my partner and I, both 26. We want somewhere quiet (stayed in Chaweng last year and found it too touristy) but still close enough to some bars and restaurants. I don't want to be restricted to eating and drinking at the hotel. A 10 minute walk to nightlife is good. Definitely want a nice beach with white sand that is deep enough to have a decent swim.

Please throw your suggestions at me!

Katie

Bedfordshire
Level Contributor
1,702 posts
214 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Where to stay in June?

Chaweng Noi and Choeng Mon have similar sand to Choeng Mon. There's more restaurants and bars at Choeng Mon(30) and its 10 minutes by cab from Chaweng and Bhoput. Bhoput is much quieter and less in your face than Chaweng and has some great bars and restaurants but the sands grittier than Chaweng. If soft sand if a priority then Choeng Mon would be the best option, if its peace and quite than Chaweng Noi, if its plenty of places to eat/drink then Bhoput.

Norfolk, United...
Destination Expert
for Chaweng, Ko Samui
Level Contributor
36,231 posts
346 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Where to stay in June?

Where did you stay in Chaweng??

It may be if you stayed in the north then the south might be the one for you.

Otherwise you may find Choeng Mon is just what you want! I like Bophut, but find the sand not nice at all!!

perth
Destination Expert
for Ko Samui, Thailand
Level Contributor
20,288 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Where to stay in June?

Hi

If you want 10 mins walk to nightlife, nice beach and relatively quiet then Sourh chaweng. From your criteria chaweng noi would be too quiet for you even cheongmon beach. Chaweng noi beach you will need to get on taxi to bars, restaurants and nightlife. Chaweng noi beach offers limited places to eat and drinks. Cheongmon offers more choices places to eat and drinks but short taxi rides to nightlife in chaweng central.

4. Re: Where to stay in June?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 29 April 2015, 05:16