We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Weather in September?

Ottawa, Canada
Level Contributor
409 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Weather in September?

Does anyone know if the weather in Ko Samui and Ko Phangan should be ok in early to mid September? I keep finding conflincting information online. Should I go elsewhere in Thailand or Malaysia instead?

Thanks!

perth
Destination Expert
for Ko Samui, Thailand
Level Contributor
20,288 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Weather in September?

Hi

Don't know about Malaysia. In Thailand September in koh samui, Tao and phangan you will be in dry season. The rest of Thailand you will be in wet season.

Cardiff
Level Contributor
587 posts
161 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Weather in September?

We have been twice in September & had good weather both times. We are booked again to go back this year on the 20th so fingers crossed it will be third time lucky.

Cardiff
Level Contributor
587 posts
161 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Weather in September?

To Ko Samui I should have said.

Seattle
Level Contributor
362 posts
71 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Weather in September?

We will be leaving Samui on September 20. This is our first trip to Thailand. We would like to book a trip to one of the surrounding islands. Are the seas generally calm or rough in September? Do you have any recommendations for a company that goes to a near island. Thank you so much.

Mildura, Australia
Level Contributor
3,684 posts
74 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Weather in September?

Mary, seas should be fine in September. We've been quite a few times in September over the past 20 years and have never had any issues with sea trips.

You can go to Koh Tao & Koh Phangan with Lomprayah or there are many tour companies if you are wanting to go to Ang Thong marine park. I went with Tours Koh Samui and was very happy with the service and the boat etc. They are an agent that used Seahawk on this trip. It was a little tight on the boat though. Check out 100 Degrees East - they have excellent reviews and take smaller groups.

Italy
Level Contributor
39,484 posts
207 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Weather in September?

Koh Samui should be better weather than Malaysia in September especially as you're going at the beginning of the month, I doubt you'll have a problem with the weather.

7. Re: Weather in September?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 02 May 2015, 06:15