We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Air Asia flight Sydney to Surat Thani/Samui?

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
13 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Air Asia flight Sydney to Surat Thani/Samui?

Hi; I'm wanting to book a flight from Sydney to Samui, and have been told Air Asia is the best value, but there isn't that option on their website (Syd-Samui or Surat Thani). Any advice? It seems the only way I can do it is to book one flight to KL, and another flight to Surat Thani.

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
13 posts
1 review
Save Reply
11. Re: Air Asia flight Sydney to Surat Thani/Samui?

Thanks Jessgirls, roughly how much is the taxi to Subang?

Edited: 05 May 2014, 23:53
Penang Island...
Level Contributor
925 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Air Asia flight Sydney to Surat Thani/Samui?

The fare from KLIA 2 (where Air Asia lands) to Subang should be about 100 Malaysian ringgit (A$33)

The fare is fixed. Buy your taxi coupon from the taxi desk at KL airport.

Allow at least one hour for the taxi journey. It could take more or less depending upon the traffic.

Subang airport is usually very quiet so check in at that end should not take long

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
1 post
19 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: Air Asia flight Sydney to Surat Thani/Samui?

Or you could just catch the direct flight from KL to Samui. Why eff around for 45 minutes just to save a few ringgits. ;-)

Bangkok
Destination Expert
for Thailand
Level Contributor
18,140 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
14. Re: Air Asia flight Sydney to Surat Thani/Samui?

The flight from KUL ( KLIA ) is a morning flight on Bangkok Airways which tends to be a lot more expensive than Firefly from Subang ( SZB )

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
13 posts
1 review
Save Reply
15. Re: Air Asia flight Sydney to Surat Thani/Samui?

Thanks for all your tips everyone, I have decided to get the air Asia flight to Bangkok, then take the combo train/ferry down to Samui, should be an adventure!

Adelaide
Level Contributor
1,191 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
16. Re: Air Asia flight Sydney to Surat Thani/Samui?

I got flights going to Surat Thani but air asia didnt offer the combo train/ferry over to Samui. How did you organise those tickets?

perth
Destination Expert
for Ko Samui, Thailand
Level Contributor
20,288 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
17. Re: Air Asia flight Sydney to Surat Thani/Samui?

@ post # 16

When make a booking with air Asia don't click on Surat Thani for your destination, click on Lipa Noi as your destination instead. I know is wireds. Lipa Noi is the area and when the Raja ferry dock in koh Samui.

It is not train + ferry, it is actually bus + ferry to Samui

Edited: 07 August 2014, 01:43
Adelaide
Level Contributor
1,191 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
18. Re: Air Asia flight Sydney to Surat Thani/Samui?

Already booked the Surat Thani leg was wondering why everyone keeps talking about a package from Air Asia probably going to stay 1 night in Sarut Thani then make my own way over, hopefully.

Melbourne
Level Contributor
917 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
19. Re: Air Asia flight Sydney to Surat Thani/Samui?

I recently did Melb- Kl , Kl - Surat Thani ( Air Asia ) Bus to Ferry , Ferry to Samui , Mini Bus to Chaweng ,

I left Melbourne at midnight arrived at Chaweng 4pm the next day , found it to be a long drawn out tiring process to be honest .

Adelaide
Level Contributor
1,191 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
20. Re: Air Asia flight Sydney to Surat Thani/Samui?

That is long, I booked Adl to k.l and spend the night at K.L. then travel to Bangkok then to Surat Thani the next day SPEND THE NIGHT AT Surat Thani and then work my way there I hope, but just to much to do for 1 day.