We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Koh Samui Wedding - 2016

Perth, Australia
4 posts
Save Topic
Koh Samui Wedding - 2016

We are planning to get married in either March or April 2016 in Koh Samui. Feels like I have read a hundred reviews and I still can't seem to find a planner or resort that stands out for me. We will probably get between 70-90 guests attending and will most likely opt for a western style wedding. Just wondering if anyone could recommend a venue or planner. Neither myself or my partner have been to Koh Samui before, but a friend has recommended having it in around Bophut Beach as opposed to Chaweng.

Any suggestions or recommendations (whether they be positive or negative) would be much appreciated.

perth
Destination Expert
for Ko Samui, Thailand
Level Contributor
20,288 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Koh Samui Wedding - 2016

Hi

While I don't have any recommendations for the venue or planners. I would suggest you get over tot Samui to check the island, venue out. This case you will see the beach, venue and meet the planers with your own not from a friends or TA members.

Mildura, Australia
Level Contributor
3,677 posts
74 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Koh Samui Wedding - 2016

Hi there, I can't help with the wedding but have you thought of making a trip there to check it out? I know it is costly but seeing everything first hand and being able to look at venues and locations could save you a lot of money in the end.

I think it is often super hard to imagine something without seeing it and for something as important as a wedding I'm not sure I would want to turn up to somewhere without ever having visited before.

Also, I would avoid mid April as it is Thai New Year and peak time for travel in Thailand. It would add a heap to your guests internal travel and accommodation if you had it at this time. It is also the hottest month of the year with Perth summer like temperatures but with the humidity as well.

Good luck with your wedding :)

Mildura, Australia
Level Contributor
3,677 posts
74 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Koh Samui Wedding - 2016

Sweetpea and I posting at the same time with the same thoughts :)

Perth, Australia
4 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Koh Samui Wedding - 2016

Thanks for your reponse sweetpea6468

We are considering making a trip to Samui over Christmas but have two trips planned for Ireland next year and a wedding to pay for so if we could organise everything without making the trip over it would be alot easier on the wallet :)

Perth, Australia
4 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Koh Samui Wedding - 2016

Thanks JustAllie

I didn't know mid April was the Thai new year so you've already been helpful. Our guests will be travelling from Perth, New Zealand and Ireland so we do need to be conscious of the costs involved for them and the weather of course.

Thanks alot :)

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
359 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Koh Samui Wedding - 2016

Since the wedding is so far away, why don't you make a trip over to Samui and check out the areas and resorts? It is such an important day for you, why leave it to the opinions of others who don't know you?

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
359 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Koh Samui Wedding - 2016

Lol, JustAllie you guys are faster typists than me. Late but the same sentiment, oops.

perth
Destination Expert
for Ko Samui, Thailand
Level Contributor
20,288 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Koh Samui Wedding - 2016

Allie, Andrew great minds are think alike :)

Tongson bay, koh...
Destination Expert
for Ko Samui
Level Contributor
1,779 posts
72 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Koh Samui Wedding - 2016

hi guys

March and april will be hot hot hot

the west side of samui will be the sheltered side at that time so best chance of flat seas

Maenam beach might be good

more quiet than other spots with cheaper variety of accomadation [depending on budget]

friends had a wedding at Zazen resort [was great ] but dont know any costs

at least you are planning well in advance

samuibride online magazine used to have lots of info

maybe see if its still around

cheers

DC

Shanghai, China
Level Contributor
115 posts
104 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Koh Samui Wedding - 2016

We got married September 2013 at the Four Seasons Resort on the beach. It was one of those fairy tail weddings. I look back at it in wonder. We wanted 1.privacy 2. On the beach 3. Affordable accom for our guests nearby. We spent months and months looking around, and we live here. We went to the Koh Samui Wedding Seminar and looked at all the Hotel displays, photographers, makeup artists etc then decided on Four Seasons.

Until recently, the Four Seasons required all the guests to stay with them. Now they just require the Bride and Groom and 1 guests for every 30 or so wedding guests. None of our 35 guests stayed there except us and it was incredible. They have a very professional planner who gives you all sorts of options on every aspect of the wedding. They have another restaurant venue ready if it rains. They planed EVERYTHING and it was worth every cent. We had to save for this but really it wasn't too bad. The ceremony and reception were flawless. It was so beautiful every guest said how amazing it was.

The wedding was held on a private beach. Between the ceremony and reception the guests had cocktails for 30 minutes at the beach bar as they setup for the reception. It was truly amazing PLUS they made the cake too :-)

All our guests stayed next door at a very nice place (which hosts weddings) called The Passage.

We still have all the contacts for everyone from the photographer, the resort planner, makeup artist etc if you need them.

Good luck.

FHT

Edited: 15 May 2014, 05:25