We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Opinions on some hotels near Chaweng

Sydney, Australia
3 posts
Save Topic
Opinions on some hotels near Chaweng

I am staying in Koh Samui for approximately a week, around 15th July-22nd this year.

I have looked around, and think Chaweng will be the best option but more South Chaweng to get away from the crowds.However i have read a few reviews about Lamai- suggestions? I am looking for a nice hotel, on the beach, with air conditioning, wifi, pool and who offers good tour/information facilities so we can get the best out of our trip.

Our budget will be around $50-130/night and would like 3+ stars as we don't want a run down hotel. We are also looking to do activities such as hiring water equipment e.g. kayaks, boards etc, tour the island, bars, street food. We are in our early 20s

I have been looking at OZO Chaweng, does anyone have any suggestions or recommend other hotels around this place?

perth
Level Contributor
20,288 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Opinions on some hotels near Chaweng

Hi

If you're looking for the hotel around the Ozo then maybe check out

Baan Samui, Baan chaweng, Chaba Samui, Malibu. These are not in south chaweng, they are more so central of chaweng.

If you're looking for south chaweng ( that fit with your budget) then there are ..

Baan Talay

Banan fan sea ( this one might be a bit more )

Chaweng cove resotel

Samui resortel

Kirikayan beach resort

Norfolk, United...
Destination Expert
for Chaweng, Ko Samui
Level Contributor
36,804 posts
371 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Opinions on some hotels near Chaweng

Hi

Folks either love Lamai or they don't. Same with Chaweng really. Flip a coin. Lamai is smaller, and the hotels can be cheaper.

I know its definatly not south, the the Montein House is a great location, and good value too.

3. Re: Opinions on some hotels near Chaweng

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 15 May 2015, 06:17