We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

flight from heathrow to samui.

London, United...
Level Contributor
69 posts
Save Topic
flight from heathrow to samui.

I am flying from heathrow with ba to bangkok then bkk to samui with bangkok airways I wanted to buy some duty free alcohol do you know if i will have my case back then have to recehck-in or will it go onto the plane with me nedding to recheck?? I herd customs some time take the alcohol, Im not sure if heathrow offer the sealed bags??

Rawai, Thailand
Level Contributor
1,272 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: flight from heathrow to samui.

It depends if you have a through ticket and have to clear immigration in BKK. If you enter Thailand in BKK, then you'll be a domestic passenger onwards to Samui and be tied to the 100ml rule. If you're checked all the way through (which I don't know if possible on your routing) you'll enter thailand in Samui, so can bring your duty free all the way.

Ask your agent where you actually enter the country.

In any event, i'd suggest you don't bother with duty free anyway. Beer and spirits are cheap here. But, if you want wine, then DO bring a couple of bottles with you, as it's silly prices in Thailand.

Norfolk, United...
Destination Expert
for Chaweng, Ko Samui
Level Contributor
37,260 posts
370 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: flight from heathrow to samui.

How are you ticketed? Did you buy it as one ticket or two separate ones?

If you don't have to check your bags in again, then if you buy any duty free DO NOT [that is do not] open the sealed bags that your stuff is placed in. If you do open then then you will lose it. If you keep it sealed then you will be ok. Last year we did transiting via BKK doing our immigration in BKK enroute to Samui, and the family in front must have over £200 of goods seized because they had opened the sealed bag . . . their face was a picture, and I did feel for them. We had a smug look and well deserved nod of the head from the customs officer when he saw our intact bag with our booty still in it!

If you have to check in again, just put your duty free into your suitcases before you check them in again.

Shanghai, China
Level Contributor
115 posts
108 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: flight from heathrow to samui.

You can check your bags now with BA all the way through to Samui. There is a small duty free at Samui right before baggage claim if you need it.

Happy travels.

4. Re: flight from heathrow to samui.

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 17 May 2015, 09:16