We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Long Term Car Rental on Koh Samui

Toulouse, France
Level Contributor
31 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
Long Term Car Rental on Koh Samui

Hi, I am looking to rent a mid-size car or Jeep for two months during the summer this year and would be grateful for any suggestions where to look for a good deal.

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
1,737 posts
79 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Long Term Car Rental on Koh Samui

Try Martine at CH Tours. She gives me a nice discount for rentals over a week so I'm sure they can do you a good price for a long term rental.

http://www.chtours-samui.com/en/rent.htm

Argyll, Scotland
Level Contributor
60 posts
85 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Long Term Car Rental on Koh Samui

We need a car for all of Dec and Jan. I know the local car hire companies will rent out cars fairly cheaply, but you don't get full coverage with those rates. Judging by the risky motorbike driving there I don't want to gamble that we won't have some type of damage to the car for two full months.

An option is that we buy the car insurance here in the UK before we go. Our accommodation will get us a discount with a local car hire company.

Tongson bay, koh...
Destination Expert
for Ko Samui
Level Contributor
1,780 posts
71 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Long Term Car Rental on Koh Samui

hi guys

most rentals are fully covered

if we pay for full insurance it doesnt matter how long you rent for

book early for the dec jan period as many dont want to do long term rentals over the busy time

some of the larger companies offer a total[no excess to pay] insurance for an extra fee

for example you pay a small amount on top of the hire fee and if theres any damage whatsoever , you are not liable for any [excess] amount at all

[normally theres 5,000 or 10,000 excess due in case of accident ]

so when the car company came to pick up the car they didnt/dont even bother to look at the vehicle

maybe you will be better to use this system than pay in the UK

cheers

DC

Argyll, Scotland
Level Contributor
60 posts
85 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Long Term Car Rental on Koh Samui

Thanks. We've decided that it's just too expensive to have a car the full 2 months. So we'll use a local car hire one day a week, then when our family and friends visit we'll hire one for each two week visit. We want full coverage not a big excess. Thinking we'll just hire through Avis or Hertz for the two week hires.

5. Re: Long Term Car Rental on Koh Samui

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 15 July 2015, 11:16