We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Please research before asking about situation in Thailand

Gold Coast
Destination Expert
for Ko Pha Ngan, Ko Samui, Thailand
Level Contributor
26,051 posts
67 reviews
Save Topic
Please research before asking about situation in Thailand

I know that many people are asking about the situation in Thailand with the current Martial Law in place, however, as far as I am aware nothing has changed on the islands of Thailand and in fact, many have stated that Bangkok is pretty much 'normal' since Martial Law was invoked.

If you are booked to go to Thailand any time soon (as I am) or thinking of booking in the future, please read the pinned note at the top of the general Thailand Forum for up to date information regarding the situation. Also, Richard Barrow's Twitter is a good place to look for current information.

Here is the link to the current pinned note in the Thailand Forum:

tripadvisor.com.au/ShowTopic-g293915-i3686-k…

In the end, nobody can make the decision for you as to whether you should go or not.

Norfolk, United...
Destination Expert
for Chaweng, Ko Samui
Level Contributor
36,934 posts
371 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Please research before asking about situation in Thailand

Great idea Cass!

I appreciate folks will be worried, who won't be. But if every other post is a 'is it same on Samui or the islands' post then something will get missed. The sticky post on the Thai forum is useful!

London, United...
Level Contributor
14,052 posts
124 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Please research before asking about situation in Thailand

Totally agree

Gold Coast
Destination Expert
for Ko Pha Ngan, Ko Samui, Thailand
Level Contributor
26,051 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Please research before asking about situation in Thailand

Inspired by you Dodger, but don't know how to pin?

London, United...
Level Contributor
14,052 posts
124 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Please research before asking about situation in Thailand

Either do I :-)

TravellingMitch , got mine pinned.

Mildura, Australia
Level Contributor
4,283 posts
74 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Please research before asking about situation in Thailand

I hope you can get it pinned. I'm thinking I might give the forums a miss for awhile - all the million posts that are asking the same question are doing my head in!

Bendigo, Australia
Level Contributor
94 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Please research before asking about situation in Thailand

I know it can be frustrating with the same questions asked over again but that could be because people are brand new to trip advisor or the forum and aren't sure where to look for things or they may only have used trip advisor on a smart phone and are not even aware of the FAQ section. I know I use trip advisor to get some great advice from you all and I appreciate all the insights and experiences that is shared with me and fell

7. Re: Please research before asking about situation in Thailand

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 21 May 2014, 12:05
Bendigo, Australia
Level Contributor
94 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Please research before asking about situation in Thailand

Sorry for the partial double up of reply! (Stupid smart phone :) )

newcastle upon tyne
Level Contributor
11,105 posts
151 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Please research before asking about situation in Thailand

Lets hope people will be sensible, & realise nobody can predict the future

10. Re: Please research before asking about situation in Thailand

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may post again if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 21 May 2014, 17:15