We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Dining on the beach

Bristol, United...
Level Contributor
140 posts
29 reviews
Save Topic
Dining on the beach

Hi,

I am going to be staying at the Briza Beach resort next month and would love to book a dining on the beach meal one evening for my husband and I. Does anyone have any recommendations? I would love to have a private table but from what I have read so far this is really expensive. I'd be happy to spend up to 5500 THB (I realise this would probably exclude drinks).

I imagine that lots of restaurants have tables on the beach but I'm looking for something as special as possible. Thank you in advance!

Tongson bay, koh...
Destination Expert
for Ko Samui
Level Contributor
1,780 posts
71 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Dining on the beach

Hi guys

Just a reminder that all beachs are public so private dining on the beach probably wont be very private

Anybody can wander by

You could try the tongsai bay resort which as has quite a private beach and might organise something for you

Many other beach resorts could organise a quieter place on the beach perhaps

Sala samui comes to mind in choeng mon

As does muang samui villas and suites

Sure there will be other suggestions coming

Cheers

Dc

Bristol, United...
Level Contributor
140 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Dining on the beach

Hi DC,

Thank you for your reply. That's fine if it's not completely private, I know that there will be other people around on the beach. Just looking for something that is a little more secluded rather than a situation where you are completely surrounded by other people at other tables next to you.

Thanks for your suggestions :)

Tongson bay, koh...
Destination Expert
for Ko Samui
Level Contributor
1,780 posts
71 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Dining on the beach

hi

try also Hansar in bophut

supposed to do something along the lines you require

cheers

dean cleeton

Bedfordshire
Level Contributor
1,702 posts
214 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Dining on the beach

A private dinner at both Tongsai and Hansar will come in at prices well above your budget (but worth it if you can stretch it a little).

If you can't afford the private dinner option at Tongsai have you considered asking for a table on the front decking of their Po Lad beachfront restaurant? This restaurant is split into two areas. The main part is inside a beachside building that's has no walls so is open to the beach and views on all four sides. Just in front of this is a curved deck that wraps around the front of the restaurant and there's probably about 6-8 tables on the front decking. This area doesn't feel like you're surrounded by dozens of other diners. There's no extra charge for these seats and you'll pay normal restaurant prices which will be a fraction of the private dining price.

Just a thought and might be worth considering if all else fails.

Although I've never been, doesn't tree tops have a small amount of tree houses to dine in? Not on the beach but if this is correct, might provide more privacy than the usual restaurants.

5. Re: Dining on the beach

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 08 June 2015, 06:16