We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

2nd class train large lower berths ?

glasgow
Level Contributor
42 posts
167 reviews
Save Topic
2nd class train large lower berths ?

Hi guys,

Have searched through the forum and cannot find the answer, please help if you'd be kind enough to do so.

Recently travelled Bangkok to chiang mai by sleeper and had a 2nd class lower berth booked going up and coming back.

On the way up, the lower berth was very wide in comparison to the top, and no luggage rails in the aisle, meaning extra space in the lower bed. But on the return leg the lower bed was much narrower, with luggage rails seemingly taking up lower bed space ( I think it was an older sleeper)

I've checked here, thorn tree, and seat 61 but cannot find out if there is a particular train running to surat Thani that has the larger lower berths?

Has anyone travelled the route recently and what train number did you take if you had the wider lower berth? I'll be booking a ticket to go to koh samui at the end of this week when I return from Cambodia.

Thanks in advance

1. Re: 2nd class train large lower berths ?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may post again if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 17 June 2014, 00:03
Gold Coast
Destination Expert
for Ko Pha Ngan, Ko Samui, Thailand
Level Contributor
25,533 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: 2nd class train large lower berths ?

The trains to Chiang Mai vary as some are Japanese design. The trains to ST are all the same and the lower berths are all bigger and usually have luggage racks in the aisle.

3. Re: 2nd class train large lower berths ?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 18 June 2015, 06:17