We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Honeymoon Accomodation - Need help!

Mumbai (Bombay...
5 posts
Save Topic
Honeymoon Accomodation - Need help!

Hi All,

We need help regarding finalizing the hotel for our honeymoon in July (2nd-8th). Please find below the details, would appreciate any suggestions:

- Need a Beachfront (as close to the beach as possible) villa

- Best view possible

- Private pool would be great (atleast a bathtub :))

- On a beach that has white/good sand ( am a novice at sand quality). From the forums I gather that chaweng beach is the best in terms of sand quality and hence looking for a hotel there. Let me know if otherwise

- Very good service as I want to make it the best week of her life

- Not surrounded by noisy/crowded places

- Options shared by thomascook - Anantara Lawana Resort ($260 per night, Deluxe plunge room), Nora Buri Resort ($200 per night, Deluxe room sea view), Nora Beach Resort ($200 per night for Nora Villa and $230 per night for Nora Ocean Villa)

- My budget is upto $260 per night, can go higher if the experience will be worth it

Please share your opinion on the choice among the above options and if you would refer some other hotels. Currently concentrating on Chaweng Beach, let me know if there are other good beaches and hotel options.

Any help would be appreciated as the trip is getting closer and I don't want to disappoint my to-be-wife.

Mumbai (Bombay...
5 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Honeymoon Accomodation - Need help!

Just found out that there is great difference between north, south and center of chaweng beach.. can somebody explain a bit more .. From my understanding, all the options that I have listed are on north and that is a bit far from everything ..Please suggest.

Mildura, Australia
Level Contributor
3,930 posts
74 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Honeymoon Accomodation - Need help!

The areas of Chaweng beach are quite different - north does not have the beach quality of the rest of Chaweng but there are some very nice resorts there, central is the very busy area with clubs, bars, restaurants including western places like McDonalds etc and the southern area is still busy-ish but a lot quieter and the beach is the best there (in my opinion)

One of the issues you may have is availability - if we suggest favourites here on the forum, more than likely they will be booked out at this late stage.

I have just done a search on Sawasdee for your dates and here are a couple of suggestions in south Chaweng:

sawadee.com/hotel/…sawasdee.com

This hotel is boutique style so you will get very personalised service, the Paradise Suite is right on your budget and it has a private outdoor Jacuzzi. It is right at the southern end of Chaweng and the beach is lovely there. There are lots of restaurants within walking distance and if you want to go to the much busier part it is a 20 minute walk or a few minutes on a songthaow.

Another to check out - very different style to above as it is very modern is Samui Resotel. There is a pool villa within your budget but I don't think there will be views:

The beachfront bungalow at Baan Talay doesn't have a private Jacuzzi or pool but you have lovely views of the beach from your private deck.

Another lovely beach is Choeng Mon - beautiful crescent shaped beach with plenty of restaurants to choose from, much quieter than Chaweng but it doesn't have the shopping if that is important. It is only about 10 minutes from Chaweng and Bophut/Fishermans Village by taxi. Check out available hotels - my suggestion of Sala Samui is booked out on Sawasdee but may not be direct with the hotel or with other booking sites.

Tongsai Bay is a stunning resort with amazing views and fantastic service. Very Thai style if that is what you are looking for. It is pretty much on its own beach and about 15 minutes walk from Choeng Mon.

I hope that helps, I am not really familiar with the resorts that you are looking at so can't compare. All I will say is that if the beach is very important I would be looking at the southern end.

Mumbai (Bombay...
5 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Honeymoon Accomodation - Need help!

Alie - Thanks a lot for your suggestions. These helped a lot and I am looking to book one of the hotels you suggested. I believe it is people like you who make Tripadvisor a great place to plan vacations. Keep rocking!

Mildura, Australia
Level Contributor
3,930 posts
74 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Honeymoon Accomodation - Need help!

Thankyou :)

5. Re: Honeymoon Accomodation - Need help!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 22 June 2015, 05:16