We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Weather in late January

Melbourne
Level Contributor
475 posts
Save Topic
Weather in late January

Could someone please tell me if it is dry or wet season in Ko Samui in late January.

We are considering either Ko Samui or Hua hin. I realise that they are differently located and are quite different locations themselves but in terms of weather, which one would be better.

Thanks in advance

perth
Destination Expert
for Ko Samui, Thailand
Level Contributor
20,288 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Weather in late January

Hi

Jan is tails end of rainy season in Samui. You will have some rains but still nice, warms and blue skies most of time.

Hua Hin you it would be drier but I would pick Samui any time. Also Hua Hin is mainland but Samui is an island. Samui have better beach laid back vibe. Hua Hin are full with big high rise resorts but more cultures and histories.

Melbourne
Level Contributor
475 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Weather in late January

Thanks

I will take this into consideration

NORWICH
Level Contributor
197 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Weather in late January

We went to Samui for one new year and weather was awful. Heavy rain for 5 days we were there. When we moved to the mainland weather was fab and we were told they had no rain whilst we were in kS.But I think weather in Asia is vey hit and miss.

Tongson bay, koh...
Destination Expert
for Ko Samui
Level Contributor
1,780 posts
71 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Weather in late January

Hi guys

Usually samuis monsoon season is october and november

Samui is a tropical island and rain can come unexpectadly at any time

Jan thru till may are usually great weather and really hot the closer you get to april

Cheers

Dc

5. Re: Weather in late January

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 28 June 2015, 05:17