We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

medium-term rental (2 months) - any options not airbnb?

Poland / Ukraine...
Level Contributor
64 posts
7 reviews
Save Topic
medium-term rental (2 months) - any options not airbnb?

Hi,

I am looking for a nice villa for 1.5-2 months to rent in Samui, preferably south-east (I think its called Na Mueang, Talign Nham). Unfortunately- for what seems to be the peak season. The problem is that the airbnb/tripadvisor daily rentals are crazy expensive. they are fine for a week or so but if you take a villa for a month or more I would expect completely different pricings. Does anyone know any forums/sites for the longer type rentals or maybe a broker which would help me find something?

Thank you in advance!!

Andrew

perth
Destination Expert
for Ko Samui, Thailand
Level Contributor
20,288 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: medium-term rental (2 months) - any options not airbnb?

Hi

Contact Dean here by sending him PM ( private message) tripadvisor.com/members-forums/samuitongson

Or Elina www.samuiconnection.com/

Both should be able to help you out.

By the way Taling Ngam is on the west side of island.

Tongson bay, koh...
Destination Expert
for Ko Samui
Level Contributor
1,780 posts
71 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: medium-term rental (2 months) - any options not airbnb?

hi

when are you looking at coming to samui?

many villa owners do short term only as its sometimes better money and less damage to your property

as well as owners want to use the villas themselves , many times also in peak season

try some real estate companies on samui and keep in mind

long term means 6 months or more [usually 1 year ]

so you will likely pay somewhere between short term and long term for 1.5 to 2 months

location also going to make a huge difference in pricing

Airbnb and tripadvisor also take commissions on rentals[but add safety conditions ] so you may need to shop around a bit

if you want to deal direct with owners and not brokers

cheers

DC

Poland / Ukraine...
Level Contributor
64 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: medium-term rental (2 months) - any options not airbnb?

Thanks. Will try to do that. What is a reasonable price for a villa? what do people who live there pay? I can't believe its the 5-10k usd per month :)

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
1,737 posts
79 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: medium-term rental (2 months) - any options not airbnb?

You could try here

thaivisa.com/forum/…entry7943658

1 -2 months is still pretty much a short term rental.

If you are going to do 2 months it might be worth just booking 5 or so nights in a decent hotel and then have a look around once you're there. Many places for rent do not advertise online and can only be found by being there and spotting the For Rent signs out front.

Edited: 03 July 2014, 14:32
Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
1,737 posts
79 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: medium-term rental (2 months) - any options not airbnb?

I just saw your other post about this, your planned travel, dates Dec - Jan are peak season times.

These are by far the busiest and most expensive months to be on the island and the hardest to find anywhere available.

Many hotels are fully booked during this period and I would assume Villa's are as well. It's very possible they already have their Dec - Jan bookings taken care of.

Edited: 03 July 2014, 21:56
6. Re: medium-term rental (2 months) - any options not airbnb?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 05 July 2015, 06:16