We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

at nora buri now need suggestions for dinner!

Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
168 posts
12 reviews
Save Topic
at nora buri now need suggestions for dinner!

hi guys we have just arrived at nora buri. this is our first time in samui an I did a lot of research before we left for thailand at the start of the month but I have just realised all my notes are at home! :(

can anyone suggest any nearby restaurants...we are not fussy with cuisine any any suggestions would be great also price isnt that big of a deal. thanks in advance.

Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
168 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: at nora buri now need suggestions for dinner!

any suggestions....

perth
Destination Expert
for Ko Samui, Thailand
Level Contributor
20,288 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: at nora buri now need suggestions for dinner!

Hi

I would suggest walking down the beach. From Nora If facing the beach turn right towards chaweng central. There are hundred of restaurants on beach to choose from with all different cuisines and prices. All of the restaurants will have menu on display. You like what you see go in if not go for next one.

Also on chaweng beach road both side of the street are lines up with restaurants and bars.

Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
168 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: at nora buri now need suggestions for dinner!

thank you sweet pea we went for a walk and almost got to the point where the long tail boats are but got rained on so we headed back to the resort. will give it another go tomorrow and take umbrellas! are the restaurants that are along the beach all just restaurants that are connected to the resorts or will we find independent restaurants and bars?? We ventured into chaweng today at about 10.30 and were so disappointed but we since found out things don't open till about 1pm??

perth
Destination Expert
for Ko Samui, Thailand
Level Contributor
20,288 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: at nora buri now need suggestions for dinner!

Yes most beach restaurants and bars don't usually open until afternoon. Some of the restaurants and bars on beach majority are attached to resort but on main chaweng beach road most of them are independent. From from Noraburi is a fair bit of walk perhaps catch songtheaw to chaweng. The stating point I would ask the the driver to drop you of just in front of chaweng regent resort. Look opposing you will see the " world tailor shop" walk in to the plaza there's Green bird restaurant which many rave about it as well as a few of Indian and Thai you can have.

To get to beach next to chaweng regent is chaweng villas resort, walk thought the chaweng villas resort to beach turn right keep walking towards south chaweng beach you will see so more of bars and restaurants.

Ko Samui, Thailand
9 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: at nora buri now need suggestions for dinner!

for great steaks and a romantic night try Johns Garden at Maenam (on the Lomprayah road)

for pizza try Prego on chaweng beach road !

for good old english or did i mean irish food try tropical murphys further on down chaweng beach road

cheers

Don

Samui Motors

Norfolk, United...
Destination Expert
for Chaweng, Ko Samui
Level Contributor
36,421 posts
349 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: at nora buri now need suggestions for dinner!

Hi

to be honest, just come out o the hotel and head right and you will ind lots of options!

You may find this link useul tripadvisor.co.uk/Restaurants-g293918-Ko_Sam…

We tend to head to the cheaper places, but Prego and Coconut willys are very popular.

7. Re: at nora buri now need suggestions for dinner!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 29 July 2015, 05:16