We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Which destination is best for honeymoon.

Mumbai (Bombay...
Level Contributor
7 posts
7 reviews
Save Topic
Which destination is best for honeymoon.

Hi,

I am from Mumbai, and am getting married in January 2015. I am planning to go on a honeymoon in first week of Feb'15. I have a budget of 2L INR.

Kindly advice which will be the best options.

Requirements:

1. Beaches

2. Villas

London, United...
Level Contributor
13,523 posts
123 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Which destination is best for honeymoon.

I think you need a Travel agents.

They might be able to help you decide between Thailand, Bali and Indonesia as I see you have posted the same general question on all these forums.

Edited: 31 July 2014, 12:55
Mumbai (Bombay...
Level Contributor
7 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Which destination is best for honeymoon.

Well Yes! You are Right! But I thought its better to get first hand opinions. And reason for posting in three places is that I cannot find a forum where I can ask about all the locations.

Thanks for posting though!

London, United...
Level Contributor
13,523 posts
123 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Which destination is best for honeymoon.

Have you done any research on these destinations ??

Somehow I think you have done none or very little. Since you even expect people on TA to convert your Indian curency budget..

Mumbai (Bombay...
Level Contributor
7 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Which destination is best for honeymoon.

Hi,

I think a simple answer is better than all the criticism. Anyways if you cant help please avoid commenting. I am new to TA so ended up posting at multiple forums.

London, United...
Level Contributor
13,523 posts
123 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Which destination is best for honeymoon.

MumTrotter

What you done is just waste the time of people on many forums. You did not even ask which destination to pick for your honeymoon but posted on each as if that was you honeymoon destination.

I'm afraid if you do that you can expect some answers that you might not like but are facts.

1st fact is you either need a travel agent or do some research and pick your honeymoon destination.

2nd don't post and waste the time of people on many forums !!

Norfolk, United...
Destination Expert
for Chaweng, Ko Samui
Level Contributor
36,204 posts
333 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Which destination is best for honeymoon.

We don't know what 2L INR is!

What does that equate to in local Thai currency?

Does that price incluce your flights or just your accomodation?

Does that price include your spending money and trips / tours?

Dodger is not being unhelpful at all. But we can't tell you if you have enough if we don't know what you have to spend it on. The best help we can offer really is to suggest you research, yes doing it yourself! Surprising I know. But not that radical really, and may actually answer many of your basic questions and you can then figure out a plan.

Along with where you intend to journey to, you need to consider your actual budget [what can you afford], likes and dislikes, your expectations for the holiday, your style, your requirements / must haves or must avoids, how far do you want to travel and how you want to travel, what have you shortlisted, what appeals and what have you thought ‘no way’ etc etc etc. We can’t plan to design your trip, but we can give you pointers when you have more of a plan to help you fill in the blanks!

7. Re: Which destination is best for honeymoon.

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 04 August 2014, 08:35
London, United...
Level Contributor
13,523 posts
123 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Which destination is best for honeymoon.

Mumrotter, you can be sure I have no intention of helping someone who won’t help themselves first, has an attitude like yours or likes to waste people s time.

"If you suggest to have travel agents then I guess this site will not hold any relevance." what a silly statement. I suggested a travel agents to you as it seems you wont or cant do any research yourself. You cant even decide which counrt to honeymoon in.

Please don’t tell me when and where I CAN POST.

Edited: 04 August 2014, 08:01
Wyong, Australia
Level Contributor
4,183 posts
73 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Which destination is best for honeymoon.

t

Norfolk, United...
Destination Expert
for Chaweng, Ko Samui
Level Contributor
36,204 posts
333 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Which destination is best for honeymoon.

LOL, I am not American, so I don't know what the US$ is worth against the Thai Baht!

Is that 2,000 INR? That is only 1,000 Baht - which is nothing. You can't even get a flight for that.

I suspect it is not much!

the hardest question to answer are those which clearly show little or no reseach. To say << If you suggest to have travel agents then I guess this site will not hold any relevance >> is in an english word Bo**ix. TA is not a travel agent. It is site used by many travellers to assist their research, seek independant information over what the travel agents offer. We can't suggest when your initial post was so vague. I think Dodger was helpful. We can't tell you what to do, where to stay.

But a question that was something like

?? I have saved up 2000thb, and have to get flights from India to Samui. That total includes hotels too. I am hoping to spend 30thb a night.

Am I being realistic?

In February 2015 what are the prices like? What can I expect to pay - I have looked at hotelscombined.com and they look expensive. Will they get cheaper?

I am looking for a beach that is pretty quiet but has some shops and restaurants - which beach on Samui should I aim my research at

etc??

?? the words between the ?? are the sort of things you could ask! Just answering them won't give you the answers, as you did earlier.

Specific question give better answers! From many years of being on TA, the key is posting a good well researched question to get those really great answers and replies. So, if you if you do some research before asking a question it will help you get better, more detailed and useful answers from the TA community. Honest!