We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

16-17 days in thailand

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
12 posts
1 review
Save Topic
16-17 days in thailand

itenerary for 16-17 days and luxury accomodations

Norfolk, United...
Destination Expert
for Chaweng, Ko Samui
Level Contributor
37,421 posts
388 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: 16-17 days in thailand

400 what? What currency?

Not sure what you mean by << As I understand , the most expensive places in Koh Samui >> If that is US$400 / 12,500 - 13,000thb, then that is no where near the most expensive hotel on Samui - you will get a nice good quality Samui hotel, but you need to up the budget for the more expensive exclusive hotels in remote locations and not near a good choice of restaurants. To be honest there are many much cheaper exotic resorts with great view, movie like beach - dont expect Caribbean beaches, the Thai ones are different.

How do you plan to get between places?

It can rain and does rain in February in Samui, plus the sea is rough.

Mentioned in this post
Samui Beach Resort
Samui Beach Resort
462 Reviews
Lamai Beach, Thailand
The Thai Restaurant
The Thai Restaurant
278 Reviews
Chaweng, Thailand
New Zealand
Level Contributor
645 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: 16-17 days in thailand

Buy a Lonely planet guide or similar and do some research yourself or consult a travel agent

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
12 posts
1 review
Save Reply
13. Re: 16-17 days in thailand

We are flexible. Planning February and it seems like a good time to go, not the hottest , not raining and nice season for Koh Samui beach too

Mentioned in this post
Samui Beach Resort
Samui Beach Resort
462 Reviews
Lamai Beach, Thailand
Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
12 posts
1 review
Save Reply
14. Re: 16-17 days in thailand

Thx again! Is it too much time in each place I choose ? We r planing to fly between destinations, unless other comfortable alternatives! When is optimal time to go for 3 places if not February ? U did not name any of the resorts on koh Samui . Do u have any specific suggestion ? I am torn rather to choose better beach or closer to restaurants location or chic hotel itself! Six sense, Sureereya, Sala, Silavadee? Please, advise me if u stayed in any of these .

Mentioned in this post
Samui Beach Resort
Samui Beach Resort
462 Reviews
Lamai Beach, Thailand
Norfolk, United...
Destination Expert
for Chaweng, Ko Samui
Level Contributor
37,421 posts
388 reviews
Save Reply
15. Re: 16-17 days in thailand

Sweetheart. Only you can answer your questions.

When is optimal time to go for 3 places if not February ?

A] feb is as good as any time, but you have to accept that Samui will have rougher seas.

U did not name any of the resorts on koh Samui . Do u have any specific suggestion ?

A] No, I don't list hotels, some do. But I look at sites like Hotelcombined.com and take it from there.

I am torn rather to choose better beach or closer to restaurants location or chic hotel itself! Six sense, Sureereya, Sala, Silavadee?

A] you could do a raffle?

Mentioned in this post
Samui Beach Resort
Samui Beach Resort
462 Reviews
Lamai Beach, Thailand
London, United...
Level Contributor
14,526 posts
124 reviews
Save Reply
16. Re: 16-17 days in thailand

You really might be better going to a travel agents.

Hotel reviews: tripadvisor.co.uk/Hotels-g293918-Ko_Samui_Su…

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
12 posts
1 review
Save Reply
17. Re: 16-17 days in thailand

Iwe do not raffle . I checked hotelscombined an that's where I've got those hotels I asked u about. When is the best time for koh Samui to have great water?

Mentioned in this post
Samui Beach Resort
Samui Beach Resort
462 Reviews
Lamai Beach, Thailand
Norfolk, United...
Destination Expert
for Chaweng, Ko Samui
Level Contributor
37,421 posts
388 reviews
Save Reply
18. Re: 16-17 days in thailand

June to August, with a bit of April / May and September / October but it depends on when the monsoon wind changes direction, and no body knows that!

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
12 posts
1 review
Save Reply
19. Re: 16-17 days in thailand

Thx a lot for your time and patience !

20. Re: 16-17 days in thailand

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10 August 2015, 05:17