We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Can anyone recommend a good Orthodontist in Samui?

Level Contributor
6 posts
28 reviews
Save Topic
Can anyone recommend a good Orthodontist in Samui?

I'm looking for a dentist who can correct my teeth with either invisalign or clear braces and was wondering if anyone could recommend a place in Samui that they trust and have had experience with.

Thanks in advance for any advice :)

Mildura, Australia
Level Contributor
3,728 posts
74 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Can anyone recommend a good Orthodontist in Samui?

Sophie, do you live on Samui? If so, I hope you get some recommendations.

If not, I would really consider carefully about getting orthodontics overseas. Whether it be braces or Invisalign (my daughter has had both) you have to go back to the orthodontist very regularly (every 4-6 weeks) to have check-ups and adjustments. The Invisalign's need replacing quite regularly and braces need wires changing and different rubber bands on all throughout the treatment.

You would need to find a local ortho who would take you on. The cost of this may very prohibitive and end up costing more overall. The initial cost of braces of say $6000 include all the follow up for the period of the treatment.

Level Contributor
6 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Can anyone recommend a good Orthodontist in Samui?

I've lived in thailand for a year already, have come back to europe to work and will be returning to Koh Phangan to study Thai on an education visa so will be there for another year at least. I've done my research and have a few in mind and but would prefer it if anyone living there could give me a first hand recommendation :) from what I can see it costs a lot less than $6000 in samui as that's about the same price I would pay in Europe.. Hopefully I can find someone proffesional over there otherwise I will wait..

Tongson bay, koh...
Destination Expert
for Ko Samui
Level Contributor
1,780 posts
71 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Can anyone recommend a good Orthodontist in Samui?

hi guys

try contacting Baan Luck Fun company

im not sure they do this work [ive had other treatments with them ]

but i know they will be able to point you in the correct direction if they are not able to help

there are many many thai people with braces [etc] on samui and im sure they are not all going off the island for treatment

good luck

cheers

DC

4. Re: Can anyone recommend a good Orthodontist in Samui?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 13 August 2015, 06:17