We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Advice

Sunderland, United...
Level Contributor
2 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Advice

Hi we are staying in carherine villa between bophut n chaweng want to know if anyone recommends any family friendly restaurants or bars that cater for English please I'm coming with hubby and nearly 4 year old thanks in advance x

perth
Level Contributor
20,288 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Advice

Hi

I'm not sure if I understand you correctly. So you only want to go the bar or restaurant that only cater for English. With all due to restpect. You come all the way from England and you don't want to mix with other nationality or even the Thais? This is Thailand after all. In every western restaurants the worker or owner are Thais.

Bairnsdale...
Level Contributor
18 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Advice

I didn't read it as only cater for English. I'd assume that this may be ops first time in Thailand and is yet to experience the hospitality that we all love so much.

London, United...
Level Contributor
13,988 posts
124 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Advice

I think the OP means where she can order food & drink using only English.

OP, you wont have any problems ordering food or drink speaking only English.

Swansea, United...
Level Contributor
112 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Advice

Hi Hayleyco, I see from your profile that this is your first post, so firstly welcome to the forums. You will be able to find a wealth of info and advice.

I assume this may be your first visit to Thailand? Rest assured the hospitality is great, the standard of spoken English is usually very good too. Thai's also love children and generally most restaurants are family friendly. Thailand as a destination is very cosmopolitan and there are plenty of international dining options around with most having these choices alongside local flavours. I don't know the area you are referring to so cannot give you specific advice sorry. However, if you have not done so yet, there are plenty of reviews for restaurants on this site for you to check out (apologies if this is too obvious and you have done this aleady).

We have always found that we simply meander out and see what catches our eye of an evening, not see easy with children, but many eateries will have bilingual and/or photographic menus out front to aid your decisions. Enjoy your research and then the holiday, it will be fab. (Apologies, if my assumptions are wrong and you know all of the above but at least someone may benefit from it ;-) )

Norfolk, United...
Destination Expert
for Chaweng, Ko Samui
Level Contributor
36,804 posts
371 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Advice

HI

You will not have an issue with the language. It is good to have some basics like hello and thank you in Thai - they are easy, as is the word for toilet! We find sign language works well.

I think you will find that the location of the villa is more near Big Buddha beach, where there are several little restaurants. It is a quieter area.

Nuremberg, Germany
Level Contributor
8,358 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Advice

You might need a bit to get used to the pronunciation, but eventually you will figure out what the waiters mean with e.g. IT or Weiwei. ;)

Tongson bay, koh...
Destination Expert
for Ko Samui
Level Contributor
1,781 posts
72 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Advice

hi guys

between bophut n chaweng theres got to be over 500 ++ restaurants and bars

then theres all the noodle stalls , 7/11s , family marts , also a very large tesco lotus shopping centre

surely theres an english friendly one in there somewhere

as for family friendly then at least you picked the right country

if you can not find anything , then theres always premier sports bar in bangrak [English]

or the office ,[ a kiwi bar] ,or frenchies restaurant, [ french restaurant]

the billabong, [Australian bar], Emerald bar [Irish]

need we say more

cheers

DC

Nuremberg, Germany
Level Contributor
8,358 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Advice

Yes, you missed out on the German and Swiss restaurants/bars in Bophut ;)

9. Re: Advice

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 15 August 2015, 06:17