We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Wild leaf monkeys on Ang Thong islands?

London, United...
Level Contributor
120 posts
36 reviews
Save Topic
Wild leaf monkeys on Ang Thong islands?

Hello!

I have seen photos of wild (I hope) leaf monkeys on an island in the Ang Thong archipelago, the one with the view (I don't know it's name sorry)

Has anyone else seen them, or knows how likely it might be to spot them?

Also on an unrelated note I was wondering if I should buy a sarong to keep with me of we visit any temples... Is it worth buying one when we get to Samui?

Three weeks on Saturday till our first trip!

Thanks x

Nuremberg, Germany
Level Contributor
7,827 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Wild leaf monkeys on Ang Thong islands?

No need to buy a sarong and about 90% chance that you will see the wild monkeys at Ang Thong.

Gold Coast
Destination Expert
for Ko Pha Ngan, Ko Samui, Thailand
Level Contributor
25,373 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Wild leaf monkeys on Ang Thong islands?

I always carry a lightweight scarf when travelling around Thailand for any impromptu temple visits. I use it on the plane when it gets cold and for places that are overly air conditioned in Thailand too.

Tongson bay, koh...
Destination Expert
for Ko Samui
Level Contributor
1,780 posts
71 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Wild leaf monkeys on Ang Thong islands?

hi guys

ive seen monkeys on the island [where the marine headquarters are ] in the Ang thong marine park

many times

not sure it will be a certainty tho

sometimes they are around the park [HQ] and other times close along the tracks to the view point

most tours stay only a short time on the island , as theres lots to see/do on a day trip

great idea to have a sarong on hand if you are visiting lots of temples , as its very impolite /rude to wander round these places in bikinis /swimmers

cheers

DC

4. Re: Wild leaf monkeys on Ang Thong islands?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 17 August 2015, 05:17