We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

A Few Questions

Level Contributor
11 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
A Few Questions

Hi Everyone!

My husband and I will be in Koh Samui for our honeymoon during the 2nd week of Sept. I just have a few questions that I haven't really seen answered yet:

1. We are staying at the Silavadee Resort and they offer spa services which don't look too bad. We were wondering, should we use their services or is there a better place nearby. We were hoping to stay within a budget of 7000-7500 baht.

2. I will be bringing a curling iron and a hair straightener (US spec) and I'm fairly certain they aren't dual voltage. What are my options for things like that?

3. Any romantic honeymoon tips/ideas?

Thanks in advance for your help. We only trust our travel agent so much and everyone here is always so helpful and honest! :)

perth
Destination Expert
for Ko Samui, Thailand
Level Contributor
20,288 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: A Few Questions

Hi

Q1. 7000-7500 is it for two and is it for full body treatments ( body massage,body scrubs and body mask) ? If so then yes it worth it. Most spa i have been to charge around 3000-3500 baht for (1) that.

Q.2 you will need conversions for it. Most resorts ( especially the high end resort) will have it for guests to use. Just ask from front office when checking in.

Q. Dinners on beach under candle lit sand between your toes, releasing the lanterns at beach perhaps :)

Good luck

Level Contributor
11 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: A Few Questions

Hi sweetpea,

Q1.Yes the treatment would be for the two of us and we want the whole experience---a full spa day with the works (massage, body scrub, facials, steam rooms, plunge pools, etc)

Q2.That is good to know and hopefully this will be offered by our resort.

Q3.That sounds perfect! Can the beach dinners be done with our hotel or are there specific restaurants there for that? With relasing the lanterns, how would we do that?

Thank you for your help!

perth
Destination Expert
for Ko Samui, Thailand
Level Contributor
20,288 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: A Few Questions

Many restaurant have beach table and chairs. However if your want private for your honeymoon then I would contact the silvadee and see if they can organize one for you. As for the lanterns you buy them from beach sellers. Again ask your resort's staffs to get one or two for you. You only need one, you do it together. Pray/wish when releasing the lanterns.

Bristol, United...
Level Contributor
209 posts
70 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: A Few Questions

hi,

Regarding candle light dinner . Our hotel Amari palm Reef , chaweng beach .Did a fantastic beach dinner ,all you can eat ,fish ,meats salads etc , full table service,with a great mellow band playing . full grill /BBQ on beach with chefs at hand & any body can use it, just pay as you turn up as the sun is setting ? i think it was 800 baht free flow wine 600 baht .

Or try the cliff restaurant for great views on the coast road to Lamin

perth
Destination Expert
for Ko Samui, Thailand
Level Contributor
20,288 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: A Few Questions

@ post # 4 i think we have rather different ideas of beach dinner with candle lights. The OP are there for honeymoon. What I suggest to the OP is the one with just 2 people on beach organize specially by hotel or restaurant.

Don't get me wrong nothing wrong with what you had but not for special night on honeymoon though. My thought anyway.

Bristol, United...
Level Contributor
209 posts
70 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: A Few Questions

Hi , Sweetpea. As the OP ,just asked for tips /ideas .I just posted our experience s. .

There were plenty of "just weds " in our 5 *hotel set on the special quite end of the Chewang bay, and the evening had a " special" romantic feel with a lush setting with candles, set on a" special" Koh Samui.

But everybody is different ,with different budgets and different ideas of special ! ...

just my thoughts anyway.

Level Contributor
11 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: A Few Questions

Thank you everyone! Although we are looking for more romantic options, we won't turn down any idea as it could lead to an unexpected experience. All thoughts are welcome and greatly appreciated! It's the wonderful people like you who help make make it extra special for those of us who have yet to travel to these places. Please keep the ideas coming.

Edited: 19 August 2014, 18:17
Wyong, Australia
Level Contributor
4,192 posts
73 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: A Few Questions

Hi Naomi, regarding the lantern releases, to achieve the “best merit and happiness” here is a “how to” If you were to scroll down to about the halfway point of this page all will be explained.

http://www.yeepenglanna.net/event.html

Although you’ll have to disregard the bit about the announcer of cause and do your own countdown.

Have fun

Birmingham, United...
Level Contributor
202 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: A Few Questions

Try a place called the jungle club stay for a couple of nights really nice setting stunning views and you can only get there by being picked up by 4wd at the bottom.Not many people know this place even exists.We have been to samui many times and it is a lovely island.

10. Re: A Few Questions

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 22 August 2015, 07:16