We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Too much choice!

Barcelona
Level Contributor
45 posts
32 reviews
Save Topic
Too much choice!

Hi

We are planning to visit Ko Samui in September for 13 nights but I am driving myself mad trying to choose a hotel

Some of the places I've looked at are full for the whole duration so I think it's best to split into 2 locations. I have looked at the Bo Phut Resort for 5 nights which looks like a nice choice but I've also seen the Hansar Samui.

Not sure where to stay for the other 8 nights - looked at Mai Samui but last time we wnt to Thailand we loved being able to leave the hotel to try local places to eat.

Looking at Chaweng but so much choice, and not sure if it is too touristic- want something on the beach, with a large pool, deep enough to cover (sounds strange, but one place we stayed at last time only covered up to shoulders and it seemed odd) with a good breakfast but also close enough to try local places... any recommendations? I've been looking for the last few hours and I'm going a bit doolally!!

Thanks!

Ko Samui, Thailand
Destination Expert
for Ko Samui
Level Contributor
1,714 posts
287 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Too much choice!

You will have absolutely no problem with accommodation this September. The island is pretty quiet. If you are happy to live out of a suitcase you could have terrific fun moving between areas. I would pick Hansar over Bophut as it is more modern and nearer Fisherman's Village. Somewhere in Choeng Mon would be nice. Don't be put off by Chaweng as it is popular for a reason - the beach is lovely and in September shouldn't be too busy. Just pick north or south and not central if you want some peace.

AUSTRALIA
Level Contributor
1,201 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Too much choice!

Hi Guys.

Centara Grand Beach Resort in Chaweng should suit you just fine. Lovely big hotel with big pool set on a beautiful stretch of beach.

By the way, just returned from a cruise in the Med, we stayed in Barcelona for a few days post cruise in the Gothic Quarter, and what a beautiful country you guys have.

Have a great trip. You will love Samui.

Cheers Bob.

Norfolk, United...
Destination Expert
for Chaweng, Ko Samui
Level Contributor
36,815 posts
371 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Too much choice!

Agree you should not have any problem for September!

The very small tourist centre of Chaweng is around 50m square can be pretty touristy, but the rest is not more or less touristy than Bophut. Plus the beach is so much nicer in chaweng.

Look at something like Poppies for an alternative to Hansar in Bophut.

Barcelona
Level Contributor
45 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Too much choice!

Thanks for the tips!

@Portcbob - Glad you enjoyed your time in the city! We are very lucky to live here :)

The Centara grand looked perfect but unfortunately it's totally booked up for half the time and the other half only the really expensive rooms are left

I've looked at the Royal Muang Samui in Choeng Mon which looks great so will probably book that for a few nights

Now I don't know whether to stay in Bo Phut or Chaweng - the beaches do seem to be much better in Chaweng. Looking at Imperial or Nora Buri - are they good alternatives to the Centara Grand?

Then thinking of either staying in Ang Thong or Lamai for 3 nights or going to Ko Tao - but not sure if if it's worth going there to stay as it seems to mainly for diving. I also considered Ko Phanagn but am a bit put off by thoughts of hordes of backpackers...

Thanks for the input - really appreciate it

Bangkok, Thailand...
Level Contributor
2,000 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Too much choice!

Dont stress. Book the first 2 nights then work out the rest over there. You may be ready to see another island after 5 days anyway.

perth
Level Contributor
20,288 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Too much choice!

Hi

There are two imperial one in cheongmon beach and one in Chaweng noi beach ( which soon to be rename).

Nora buri located in north Chaweng, the beach are not the best. You beat to look towards south of Chaweng. Next to centara grand is banana fan sea, buri rasa, poppies, Samui paradise. Have a look and see what you think.

In cheongmon beach next to imperial boathouse and royal maung Samui is The Sala Samui worth to check it out.

Cheers

Edited: 27 August 2014, 12:26
7. Re: Too much choice!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 29 August 2015, 05:16