We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Internet / Imperial Boat House

Cologne
Level Contributor
287 posts
14 reviews
Save Topic
Internet / Imperial Boat House

I'm a writer and will be going to the Imperial Boat House in January 2007. Does anyone have infos on internet access at the hotel? I'm wondering if I should bring my own laptop or not. Also, does anyone know if there are internet cafes in the hotel or very close by? I can't be disconnected for too long, I go crazy. Thanks!

Thailand
Level Contributor
526 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Internet / Imperial Boat House

Best is to write to hotel directly for accurate info.

glasgow
Level Contributor
35 posts
69 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Internet / Imperial Boat House

I am also going to the Imperial Boat House. I e-mailed the hotel asking for information but never got a reply. At the same time I e-mailed the hotel in Dubai that we are stopping of f enroute to Thailand who replied straight away giving me loads of information. Hope you have better luck!

Cologne
Level Contributor
287 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Internet / Imperial Boat House

Yes, I did write the hotel but haven't received any information either! If I hear anything I'll let you know, and if you hear anything maybe you can let me know. My email address is cheryl@texter-koeln.de. Thanks!

Leeds
Destination Expert
for Goa
Level Contributor
11,442 posts
76 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Internet / Imperial Boat House

Have you been to the Imperial Boat House before? I'm planning on going to Ko Samui for the first time next winter and initially thought we'd stay somewhere in Chaweng but concerned it may be too busy and touristy so the Boat House sounded a good alternative as it's in a quieter location but we could easily get a taxi into Chaweng on an evening if we want to. Planning on booking a package through Trailfinders. I've read the reviews and it sounds ok but just wondered if you'd been before?

Thanks.

Cologne
Level Contributor
287 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Internet / Imperial Boat House

No, sorry, I haven't been to this hotel before. In fact, I've never been to Asia before, so I'm a complete newcomer to Thailand. Sorry I can't help you - good luck with finding out more!

Bangkok, Thailand
4 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Internet / Imperial Boat House

Yes, they have. No worry.

Oslo, Norway
Level Contributor
7 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Internet / Imperial Boat House

I stayed at the Imperial Boathouse in september. You do get access to the internett in the hotel lobby, but they only have one or to computers there and yoyu have to pay to use them. Its cheap though.

Cologne
Level Contributor
287 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Internet / Imperial Boat House

Hello Paal, thanks for your response. Do you know anything about taking your own laptop? Were there connections in the room? If not, is it possible to use a USB stick on the computers in the hotel? Really appreciate any help you can give me on this because I will probably need to work while on vacation. Thanks a lot! - Cheryl

bham UK
Level Contributor
52 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Internet / Imperial Boat House

There is a computer in the main reception area to use for email and interest access.

They charge for this but its not too much. As for points in room, no i dont think there was from what i can remember, but this is a hotel that has corporate events so im sure they are geared up for the business user. If not i bet you could wonder into a neighbouring hotel and use there's, the thai's are very helpful and friendly people!

As for the hotel - good choice, i loved it, the location is great, far enough away from cheweng for a bit of peace but not too far for when you want the life and buzz

enjoy

lj

Cologne
Level Contributor
287 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Internet / Imperial Boat House

Thanks ij2006! OK, I guess I won't take my laptop and just rely on the hotel's internet access points or internet cafes. Or I'll have to break down and call them at some point to see what's available in room. By the way, we booked a "superior" room, but I don't see a listing for superior rooms on their website. What would you say would be the best block (1-8) to be in in this category? Also, did you have any problems with mosquitos? I'm wary because I swell up whenever getting stung...

Thanks for any other tips, help, suggestions for this hotel!