We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Cholchan Resort Hotel.

Which Pattaya hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Western Australia
1 post
Save Topic
Cholchan Resort Hotel.

Hi. Can anyone please give me some feed back (good or bad)on the Cholchan Resort as I tend to book there shortly. I would also be interested if there are any island tours close by.

I would also like to know how far the resort is from Pattaya.

Many thanks...

Pattaya, Thailand
Level Contributor
1,053 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Cholchan Resort Hotel.

well i don't know exactly how far out it is but I'd say it is far enough away from even north pattaya such as to be a nuisance - a good 4 or 5 miles from touching pattaya really.

London
Level Contributor
8,118 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Cholchan Resort Hotel.

I would not recommend as a bit far from Pattaya central, several kilometres, unless that is what you want. You are at mercy of taxi drivers going back late at night. I know the Cholchan is good value but if you are night person take into account getting back and forth hotel to Pattaya each day.

england
Level Contributor
3 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Cholchan Resort Hotel.

No real trips, there is a small island just down the coast but its just a sunbathing trip nothing too see.

the hotel is along way out of town it takes the hotel mini bus 20-25 min

to do the trip to the top of the resort then you will neen to walk or get the 5 baht bus to "walking street" which is where the "night life" is the walk will take you 20 mins a bus about 5mins. without the hotel mini bus you would be lost

Martin

Castleford, United...
Level Contributor
929 posts
93 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Cholchan Resort Hotel.

We stayed there a few years ago and I would recommend the place. We liked that it was a bit out of Pattaya. That way we could get away from Pattaya and relax in lovely settings. We NEVER had any problems getting back and forth to the Cholchan at any time of the day. The Baht Bus would bring you easily. We would take the hotel shuttle or take a taxi into Pattaya. I guess it depends on what you want. But, if you want to relax away from Pattaya and take Pattaya in smaller doses. Then this is the place for you!

5. Re: Cholchan Resort Hotel.

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 05 September 2009, 15:19