We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

christmass in Pattaya

uk
Level Contributor
33 posts
1 review
Save Topic
christmass in Pattaya

Thinking of spending two weeks in Pattaya next year. Are all the bars and eating places still open and how busy is it ? Whats the weather like?????

Mentioned in this post
Pattaya
Pattaya
Chonburi Province, Thailand
Cafe des Amis Fine Dining
££££, Italian, French, European
Caravan
££ - £££, European, Russian, Uzbek
Chonburi
Level Contributor
1,516 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: christmass in Pattaya

yes they are.....

and

It's the tropics!

Coffs Harbour...
Level Contributor
42 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: christmass in Pattaya

I would not go again at xmas. The prices go up as the businesses maximise their profits in the high season, like any other destination.Costs of hotels, drinks and the famous bar entertainment all go up. If you can o in the low season, still plenty of activity but much cheaper.

Chonburi
Level Contributor
1,516 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: christmass in Pattaya

"Like every where else" - so I take it Topshot, that according to your logic you won't ever be going anywhere at Xmas again???

stalybridge uk
Level Contributor
456 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: christmass in Pattaya

hi mrnmac,xmas for me is the best time of year,yea price go up a little but compared to uk very cheap.Many happy hours get a beer for 40 bahts ., i tend to do a couple of days in bangkok just to break it up.Also the weather is the best time of year very rare you get rain if any.Ive been going for the last 4 years i wouldnt think about not going over xmas. You will have a ball if you like to party like myself.I normally book with etihad airlines who are cheap with new planes but book early to get the best prices.On the hotel front i go and stay at the areca lodge in the centre with great reviews.Hope this helps.ps some bars open 24 hours so dont worry

uk
Level Contributor
33 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: christmass in Pattaya

thanks Flago.

when do the ethiad flights become available how much do you normally pay??

does the Areca not really increase prices over xmass?

Mentioned in this post
Areca Lodge
Areca Lodge
1,060 Reviews
Pattaya, Thailand
stalybridge uk
Level Contributor
456 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: christmass in Pattaya

to be honest nearly all hotels put there prices up at xmas as this is peak season ,i paid just short of 1700 bahts but out of peak season 1100 bahts.flghts become available around feb time but have to be on the ball to get a good price,i didnt get mine till may this year and paid £600 but the 3 xmas before paid around £450 each time.i think next year with fuel prices going up maybe £500 1 cant tell.From feb onward i look every day .Thailand seems to be getting more popular 1 will have to see

Mentioned in this post
Castleford, United...
Level Contributor
937 posts
110 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: christmass in Pattaya

I've been to Pattaya 2 times during Christmas time. Because of work commitments, it is the only time I can go for an extended period of time. I have no option.

Yes, prices do go up. However, as someone pointed out previously, prices are a lot cheaper than any you would get in the UK.

We stayed at a more expensive hotel and paid about £45 a night!!!! This WAS in high season. Come on, our hotel at the airport Holiday Inn on the night before our flight was in a room 1/5 the size of Thailand room and it cost me over £125!!

The weather has always been wonderful for us and everything is open. There are a lot of Brits who live out there and if you want a traditional Christmas meal, it can be found. We never opt for the traditional and go for the local food instead.

Beer is cheap, food is cheap, It is cheaper for us to go there for two weeks then to stay in UK during the same period.

Mentioned in this post
Pattaya
Pattaya
uk
Level Contributor
33 posts
1 review
Save Reply
8. Re: christmass in Pattaya

your right and i am convinced now. I will be looking for the flights when they are offerd as not availabe yet?. Hotels are not taking bookings yet either, will probably have to wait for a couple of months ?

Coffs Harbour...
Level Contributor
42 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: christmass in Pattaya

If you only can get your holidays at xmas go for it. What I was trying to say is that you can have just as good a time in the low season and that is when i go now as it is cheaper.

San Diego...
Level Contributor
4 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: christmass in Pattaya

I just spent Christmas and New Years in Pattaya and loved every minute of it.

The Thais love an excuse to party and they seem to really enjoy Christmas. The girls all put tinsel in their hair and the nightlife goes every night. New Years has a heck of a fireworks show that rivals anything I have ever seen.

My recommendation: book your trip ASAP as the place does get full for those two weeks.

Mentioned in this post
Pattaya
Pattaya