We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Bars where you can just chill

Cardiff, United...
Level Contributor
962 posts
242 reviews
Save Topic
Bars where you can just chill

Hi I visited Pattaya last April and had a mixed experience.

I went with an open mind and whilst I wouldn't say its the best place I have ever been , i am planning on going again.

The one let down was trying to find a bar where the girls don't hassle you. I also enjoy these types of bars but sometimes it's nice to just chill and soak in the surroundings if tyou get my drift.

Can anyone recommend any bars?

21. Re: Bars where you can just chill

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guideline limiting each user to a single forums screen name.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 08 July 2012, 19:14
22. Re: Bars where you can just chill

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guideline limiting each user to a single forums screen name.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 08 July 2012, 19:14
singapore
Level Contributor
137 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
23. Re: Bars where you can just chill

thanks for the info @NeilP84 :)

singapore
Level Contributor
137 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
24. Re: Bars where you can just chill

@NeilP84

what about the recording of the guest's ID and the safety (safe) box is in the room or receptionist area?

Cardiff, United...
Level Contributor
962 posts
242 reviews
Save Reply
25. Re: Bars where you can just chill

Its on a soi just off beach road, very close to Boys town( though this is not a gay bar) . Opposite the bar is an irish pub(also a guest house).

Washington DC...
Level Contributor
26 posts
Save Reply
26. Re: Bars where you can just chill

Corner Bar, Soi 6. Best spot in pattaya and 100% no hassle. Soi 6 is one of the best people watching streets on the planet and a lot of fun to watch the girls and the tons of people walking back and forth.

Another non short time, no hassle bar is Jack Tar Bar which is halfway down Soi 6 and also a great place to watch the street.

Quicky Bar, Thumbs up and Z Bar are all low hassle and welcome drinkers to sit out front and watch the craziness of the Soi.

london
Level Contributor
1 post
15 reviews
Save Reply
27. Re: Bars where you can just chill

If you want to avoid the hassle of the beer bars. Then stay away from walking street, soi 6 and soi bukao.

All of the hotel bars are hassle free.

and why not try the Hard Rock Cafe along beach road.

the further away you go from walking street the better the bars are.

But it depends if you want a cheap beer or not. as most hotel bars will charge a bit more as they are not making money from the Working girls

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
1,046 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
28. Re: Bars where you can just chill

we are the world bar is a good watching bar live music, just down from mikes shopping mall

on beach road

singapore
Level Contributor
137 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
29. Re: Bars where you can just chill

i just came back from Pattaya on 08/04/12. there was not much hassle from the beer bars and agogo bars. if u are going to walking street avoid Roxy agogo... was also ripped off there for the bringing out of girls. while the standard of the girls is not as high as happy agogo, the "mummy" there tried to charge me 3700baht for long time while happy agogo charge 100baht lesser with higher standard of girls. but overall the experience there is nice so i plan to go back next year April to join the Songkran Festival :)

singapore
Level Contributor
137 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
30. Re: Bars where you can just chill

is there something wrong with the tripadvisor website? i can't write hotel reviews!!!