We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Centara Grand Mirage Beach Resort HELP PLEASE

Which Pattaya hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
West Midlands
Level Contributor
289 posts
16 reviews
Save Topic
Centara Grand Mirage Beach Resort HELP PLEASE

just about to book this hotel with our two children (12 and 16)

been told we need two rooms over easter total 11 nights

to upgarde to a room to include breakfast it is an extra £800

to upgarde further for other snacks, drinks its a further £80

what should we do ...just pay the room rate and look for local places to eat or do i just pay the additional 800 , really dont know what to do??

please help

Yorkshire Dales...
Level Contributor
160 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Centara Grand Mirage Beach Resort HELP PLEASE

Firstly the hotel and facilities will be ideal for you and your children.

The hotel gets good feedback in Trip Adviser, although I feel that the facilities offered for breakfast are not sufficient for the number of guests; part are outside and there are extra problems if it rains.

Food is cheap in Pattaya, I recommend La Baguette, which is situated within walking distance of the Dolphin roundabout, about ten minutes’ walk from the hotel. There is also a shopping complex adjacent to the Dolphin roundabout, where food is no frills but very very cheap.

The other side to this is that if you have a large buffet type breakfast, you do not need much at lunch time. Also having breakfast at the hotel is convenient, get up, shower, lift down to dining area.

Snacks, crisps, biscuits, drinks, bread and cakes etc can all be purchased cheaply at the local 7/11 which is directly opposite the hotel exit. Probably slightly lower than UK supermarket prices.

If you have not yet booked, consider the Dusit Thani and the Amari, both situated in North Pattaya and very close to the Dolphin roundabout and more importantly adjacent to the baht bus route which goes along Beach Road and comes back along second road.

The standard rooms are a reasonable size, not that much space for keeping clothes and only have a shower and not a bath.

I hope this assists.

John

Milton Keynes
Level Contributor
171 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Centara Grand Mirage Beach Resort HELP PLEASE

So, to book another room which includes breakfast costs £800 or just to have breakfast added to the room is £800.........if so, that is extortionate, there are plenty of cheap places to eat in Pattaya. Centara Grand Mirage is a fab hotel I went last year for 10 nights and am doing 18 nights this year which cost £708 inc breakfast for 2 of us! Are you booking through a travel agent or independently?

St Kilda, Australia
Level Contributor
44 posts
200 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Centara Grand Mirage Beach Resort HELP PLEASE

If you can afford the extra for the breakfast, just do it.

You will love this hotel and the breakfasts are great!

Bangkok
Destination Expert
for Thailand
Level Contributor
18,140 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Centara Grand Mirage Beach Resort HELP PLEASE

If that extra is just for breakfast for 4 of you then that is just way over the top. If that is the case forget it, 800 x B 46.5 = B 37,200, divide by 11 is B 3,380 divide by 4 of you is B 845 each !

'Most' hotels of this category include breakfast in the price when you book here but very often we read in particular it seems people booking packages from UK where breakfast is excluded, perhaps this is a way to make the deal look cheaper (?)

As others have said eating out is so cheap, I would be shocked though if the Centara's standard breakfast charge was anything like B 845, perhaps it might be B 400 tops but not over B 840 per person.

As said, if that extra is for breakfast forget it, you can arrange brakfast direct with the hotel yourselves.

Yes, you will love the hotel :)

Edited: 27 February 2011, 23:19
Bangkok
Destination Expert
for Thailand
Level Contributor
18,140 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Centara Grand Mirage Beach Resort HELP PLEASE

Perhaps also worth a check to see what they are charging you for transfers ? Even a limo van service transfer just for yourselves in a private nice large comfortable van each way from airport would only be perhaps around UKP 12 each, so for round-trip transfer for all for of you if their costs is anything over perhaps GBP 100 return for 4 of you you can arrange that yourself very easily.

A lot of these packages seem to really add-on when it comes to breakfast and transfers ( in particular )

Weinfelden...
Level Contributor
31 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Centara Grand Mirage Beach Resort HELP PLEASE

The calculation made by Monica4 might be correct – I remember breakfast was in the THB 700++ region last year – and OP’s kids are over 11 so they count as adults.

The breakfast buffet is certainly not worth anywhere near that amount. Problem is, you don’t have real alternatives. There are no coffee shop type places near the hotel.

I would still not take the breakfast offer. Instead, take advantage of the Baht Bonanza offer (see Centara website for details). This way, breakfasts will be far cheaper and you can decide on a day-to-day basis if you want to take it or not.

Oldenburg, Germany
Level Contributor
45 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Centara Grand Mirage Beach Resort HELP PLEASE

The breakfast is great, but indeed rather expensive for Thailand standards (then again this is a 5 star). A breakfast at a common restaurant should range between 50-200 baht per person, so you would probably be better off this way. However, there are no decent restaurants in short / walking distance to the hotel.

If I am not mistaken though, it is very much possible to decide on a daily basis whether you want breakfast or not, even without any prior bookings / notifications, as each guest has to fill in a small breakfast form in the mornings anyway. So if you're not on the all-in list, you will probably simply be charged extra for it. Be aware that there is a service charge on all servings within the hotel complex.

Motherwell, United...
Level Contributor
2,926 posts
70 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Centara Grand Mirage Beach Resort HELP PLEASE

Hi MickyNicky

Just checked prices for the hotel on quickrooms for 11 nights from 17th April for 2 rooms on a B&B basis The cost came to £1417. These may not be your exact dates but you can check them out yourself. We're also booked into the Centara for 13 nights in June and we can't wait.

Kind Regards

Jim

Motherwell, United...
Level Contributor
2,926 posts
70 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Centara Grand Mirage Beach Resort HELP PLEASE

Hi again MickyNicky

It might also be worth looking at premierholiday website. I tried 3 adults and 1 child and got the Dusit Thani for £1104 for 11 nights. The price is the same for 12 nights if you need a late check out. Hope this helps although with 2 kids I can imagine you want the waterpark facilities at the Centara.

Kind Regards

Jim

Bangkok
Destination Expert
for Thailand
Level Contributor
18,140 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Centara Grand Mirage Beach Resort HELP PLEASE

May 1st - October 31st Centara Grand Mirage inc tax, service and breakfast for 2 persons with the Free night offers ( though compulsory breakfast on free nights ) works out as about B 2,750 per night.

Sea facing are only a little extra about B 2,900 using their free night deals so good value :), again those include breakfast - those through local sawadee, beachsiam, asiaoz etc