We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

pattaya in june

Bolton, United...
11 posts
Save Topic
pattaya in june

Hi,

Looking to go to pattaya at the end fo june can anybody tell me what to expect with the weather at the end of june?

Or should i look at going to koh samui?

Thanks

Bangkok, Thailand
Level Contributor
15,864 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: pattaya in june

You'll get some rain at that time in Pattaya but not enough to be much of a problem.

Mentioned in this post
Pattaya
Pattaya
Chonburi Province, Thailand
Doncaster UK
Level Contributor
204 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: pattaya in june

Been to both in June, think Pattaya edges it for the weather for me. There again Pattaya edges it for me anyway.

We went to Samui last June - weather was good but had a few days overcast but not too much rain, except for the couple of days we went to Phangan where the heavens opened.

Samui was very quiet but suppose it depends what kind of holiday you want.

Mentioned in this post
Pattaya
Pattaya
Bolton, United...
11 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: pattaya in june

just looking for a relaxed holiday.

I have been quoted cheaper holiday in pattaya then samui so was wondering will this be due to the weather, and also will the rain be constant or just for an hour or so.

Doncaster UK
Level Contributor
204 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: pattaya in june

You've probably been quoted a better price for Pattaya as there's far more hotels competing for your custom, don't think it will have anything to do with the weather.

I have been to Pattaya in various months in the year and have always have had good weather , I have only been to Samui in June and September both have been good

TBH I can't think of anytime in Thailand when I haven't had that occasional downpour.... there again a bar has a roof on !!!!!

Chris

Mentioned in this post
Pattaya
Pattaya
St Helens, United...
Level Contributor
224 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: pattaya in june

I usually go Jan, Feb, however the first time we went was end of June and I must say it was a disapointment. Cloudy and overcast with frequent downpours. If I am going to travel 14hrs on a plane i dont want that sort of weather. Mind you only been back 3 weeks and we had rain a few times which is not typical.

My advice go somewhere else,as May-October the weather is typically Hot and Wet . I would never go again during this period

Asia
Level Contributor
18,140 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: pattaya in june

Jan and Feb is Thailand is high season, far drier time of year.

June can have rain and the amount can differ from year to year and certainly from place to place. Based on averages over a 30 year period by the Thailand Meteorological Department in June average mm of rain:

Pattaya : 79

Hua Hin : 73

Koh Samui area : 92

Phuket area: 285

So compared with other beach areas Pattaya is a good choice as far as weather goes. Pattaya and Koh Samui are very different. Pattaya is a city with beaches, attractions, although quieter areas it is a mainland lively city areas. Pattaya is also very cheap to get to from Bangkok.

Koh Samui is a tropical island. beach areas range from busy and touristy to quiet and relaxing.

You could also include some nights on Koh Samet which is a relaxing island and easy to get to from Pattaya, so you can mix busy with some quiet island relaxing days.

If you have 2 weeks why not 1 week in each.

Mentioned in this post
Pattaya
Pattaya
Hua Hin
Hua Hin
Prachuap Khiri Khan Province, Thailand
Phuket
Phuket
Thailand
Bangkok
Bangkok
Thailand
Cardiff, United...
Level Contributor
1,005 posts
248 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: pattaya in june

I'd say you are more likely to get more sun in Pattaya.

They are two very different places, personally i prefer Samui , but i also like Pattaya.

Monica can you recoomend anywhere on Koh samet with a pool and satellite tv?

Mentioned in this post
Pattaya
Pattaya
8. Re: pattaya in june

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 October 2012, 01:17