We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

pattaya in November....

Which Pattaya hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Leicester, UK
Level Contributor
96 posts
92 reviews
Save Topic
pattaya in November....

hi Fellow TA friends, I am thinking of taking a holiday to Pattaya with my wife in November 2011.

We have been to thailand a few times before (3 times bangkok, 3 times to phuket and once to hua hin), and thoguht we would try pattaya this time....

Wondering if anyone can advise on hotel recommendations....We like to have a resort which is 5 star, dont mind if it is a busy hotel....we do like something with a big pool as we like to spend most of the day around the resort when not on trips etc.....

Something near to places to eat, so we would not have to eat in the hotel every night and somewhere not too far away from the nightlife as we do like to go out in the evening for a bit of shopping and a few drinks.....

hoping someone could shed some light on the above details and recommend some hotels for me to begin investigating....

Many thanks for readings.

Kind Regards

sants

Leicester
Level Contributor
445 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: pattaya in November....

Just click on the link that says "Pattaya Hotels" on the left of the page. Read the reviews and take your pick.

November used to be my favourite time to go there, great weather and not too busy.

Pawtucket, RI
Level Contributor
14,450 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: pattaya in November....

Here is a couple nice places that have pools and are in a good location. For Pattaya City many of the malls, nightlife, street vendors, restaurants are on or not far from Pattaya 2nd Road. No problem walking to malls and restaurants from these two hotels. Both hotels are not far from malls.

http://www.marriott.com/hotels/travel/pyxmc/

www.hotelclub.com/Siam-Bayview-Hotel-Pattaya/

The Bayview might have a little more greenery around.

Here is a map of Pattaya City:

thaiwaysmagazine.com/pattaya_map/pattaya_map…

(Local transportation only 10 baht using baht buses.)

Good luck.

Edited: 14 March 2011, 14:10
Bangkok
Destination Expert
for Thailand
Level Contributor
18,140 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: pattaya in November....

Have a look at the Centara Grand Mirage, very large resort hotel, great pool areas, water slide, lots of facilities.

The Dusit is also very good. There are others such as Hilton, Sheraton, Royal Cliff. Hilton though is above mall and the pool is high up though great views.

For lots of facilities look at Centara Grand Mirage in particular if you want to spend much of the day at the resort, but also do look at Dusit. Royal Cliff is south of central Pattaya so further to get into town, though it does place you close to Jomtien also. But from what you are looking for Centara Grand Mirage or Dusit might suit you best

Leicester, UK
Level Contributor
96 posts
92 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: pattaya in November....

hello all. May I say a huge thanks to you all for your help with recommendations and also your knoswledge and advice...Will certainly get looking and reading upon these and ask again if there are further questions.

Once again, thank you all for your assistance...Lots of things to get my teeth into now.

kind regards

sants

Yorkshire Dales...
Level Contributor
160 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: pattaya in November....

My recommendation would be that you consider the Dusit Thani or Amari Orchid. You are well away from anything likely to be noisy but once you walk out of the hotel grounds you are on the baht bus route, so you can go pretty much anywhere in Pattaya for 10 baht each.

The Centara Grand Mirage is another hotel to consider. It gets some good and some bad reports. One problem with it if you do not have young children in your party is too many young children running about the dining areas, particularly at breakfast.

Leicester, UK
Level Contributor
96 posts
92 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: pattaya in November....

hu JMW, thanks for the uppdate, will keep this in mind, I am swaying towards the dusit at present......just need to get some reading done now and to decide which type ofroom to book !!! should be fun....thanks again to everyone. your views, opinions and honesty is very much appreicated

7. Re: pattaya in November....

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 October 2012, 00:17