We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

What are the most interesting sights to see in Pattaya?

Which Pattaya hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Vancouver
Level Contributor
3,873 posts
20 reviews
Save Topic
What are the most interesting sights to see in Pattaya?

I will be going to Pattaya to see the Sanctuary of Truth during my week-long stay in Bangkok in November. What are are the other special things to see there? Could be markets, Wats, interesting areas... I will just be there for the day and taking the bus there and back from BKK so modes of transport while I'm there would be helpful as well.

Bangkok, Thailand
Level Contributor
15,864 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: What are the most interesting sights to see in Pattaya?

I've been pondering this question and realise that there isn't very much of real worth. There's a nice view point above the town at Wat Phra Yai ("Big Buddha Hill), but IMO most worthy sights are outside the town, including Viharn Sian, Wat Yansangwararam, and Buddha Mountain. You might like Nong Nooch gardens too. Songtaews are the main form of transport in and around Pattaya. Rides on scheduled routes are 10 baht within town, otherwise hire one, or hire a car & driver.

Sunshine Coast...
Level Contributor
182 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: What are the most interesting sights to see in Pattaya?

As bbtony suggests the Nong Nooch Gardens are well worth a visit , you could spend a whole day there , above ground walkway , busses to tour the complex & dance show are a few of the activities .

Vancouver
Level Contributor
3,873 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: What are the most interesting sights to see in Pattaya?

I just looked at a couple of Youtubes of Nooch Gardens - it looks interesting, but my main reason for going to Pattaya is to spend time at the Sanctuary of Truth. I was completely captivated by the pictures I've seen of it - inside and out - and may just go for that and then take the bus back after lunch.

Any suggestions for a good place to have lunch while I'm there? Otherwise, I may just have some street food...

I don't know if the Sanctuary of Truth is outside of the town. Would I have to arrange a taxi to it once I arrive at the bus station in Pattaya? (I plan to take the bus from the station in Bangkok that starts with an "E" - sorry I can't remember the name!) So wherever that bus goes to in Pattaya is where I would then need to find a way to the Sanctuary of Truth.

Wat Yansangwararam looks interesting as well.

Edited: 22 July 2012, 02:35
Bangkok, Thailand
Level Contributor
15,864 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: What are the most interesting sights to see in Pattaya?

Plenty of Songtaews. Its about a 15-20 minute ride from the bus station. Pattaya does have a few taxis but I'm not sure if you'll see them there.

(Ekkamai in Bangkok, next to the BTS station with the same name).

Edited: 22 July 2012, 02:41
Vancouver
Level Contributor
3,873 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: What are the most interesting sights to see in Pattaya?

Thanks, bbt

Pawtucket, RI
Level Contributor
14,825 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: What are the most interesting sights to see in Pattaya?

You waste a lot of time just on the bus rides. Why not spend at least one night in Pattaya. Most Pattaya hotels are cheaper than Bangkok anyway.

Once you get into the main Pattaya City area local transportation is only 10 baht. Then you will have time for a second tourist stop.

Look over the old posts for more information. There are several posts with maps you can look at to get oriented. Also check out Top Questions about Pattaya on right side.

Pawtucket, RI
Level Contributor
14,825 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: What are the most interesting sights to see in Pattaya?

If you had another full day maybe check out the Flight of the Gibbon.

treetopasia.com/en/thailand-holiday/bangkok

Vancouver
Level Contributor
3,873 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: What are the most interesting sights to see in Pattaya?

I've looked at the map of Pattaya - thanks for the link, Infidelal... I've found where the bus station is that I would arrive at and on a penninula to the right of "Siam Condos" is "Wooden Temple" - is that the Sanctuary of Truth? It is right on the water... I am trying orientate myself from the bus stn to wherever it is.

Bangkok, Thailand
Level Contributor
15,864 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: What are the most interesting sights to see in Pattaya?

It is on a peninsula, and it is built from wood, so that is probably it.

Vancouver
Level Contributor
3,873 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: What are the most interesting sights to see in Pattaya?

Can't wait to see it! Boy, if I'm this excited now, I'll be a "space cadet" by November...! lol (I actually have "space cadet" moments occasionally now too.)

Edited: 22 July 2012, 06:51