We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Pattaya Pattaya........

London
Level Contributor
173 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Pattaya Pattaya........

yes , i was there less than 2 months ago, but going back the next week for another 10 days, whats about this city that pulls many people back after a short time. i met this Irish man who was in his 70s and he said he will be back again after 2 months too...yes this place makes you smell the freedom in the air as you walk at night on the beach , sitting by the dolphin fountain at the beach end of central road , talking with others late at night ,thats what i enjoy most, as small drops of rain and the breeze from the sea gets to your face seeing so many ex pats talking andseeing no expression of missing their homelands after spending months in this city,, anyone else shares the same feeling about this place,, cause its, pattaya pattaya.......

Italy
Level Contributor
39,493 posts
226 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Pattaya Pattaya........

Glad you enjoyed Pattaya as it doesn't always get favourable reviews.

Pattaya, Thailand
Destination Expert
for Pattaya, Ho Chi Minh City
Level Contributor
7,681 posts
56 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Pattaya Pattaya........

One of the prime holiday spots in Thailand - happy you enjoy our lively and fun city.

One of the most highly rated and enjoyable places for families and single people alike.

Pawtucket, RI
Level Contributor
15,674 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Pattaya Pattaya........

Something for everyone!

Good value for the money!

Bangkok
Destination Expert
for Thailand
Level Contributor
18,140 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Pattaya Pattaya........

Good value for money, lots of things to see and do, always seems some event going on, suits budget travellers to hi-so high spend, variety.....you can stay in a cheap guesthouse or 5 star luxury resort, sailing, golf courses, goes on and on :)

Sheffield, United...
Level Contributor
94 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Pattaya Pattaya........

Pattaya like a drug to us!! the first time we went several people asked if we'd been before, when we said no they all said that we would be back. too right we went back 3 times in 10 months, and then again earlier this year. We love the people, the bars, the food the entertainment, the shops the hotels, gosh could go on and on. All our friends think we are silly to keep going back but they never been and how do you

explain it to someone who never been. It gets lots of bad press and lots of people have commented on the ladyboys program on t.v, i say don't knock the place till you have been. We off again in a few weeks and cannot wait.

I can almost smell the place!! something you just get used too, how rubbish is it travelling on normal transport back home and not on the back of a baht bus! We find going out in the uk so boring after being in pattaya, i have said before that just when you think you have seen it all you see something else thats a first, what a fun place i can't wait to be back.

Bangkok
Destination Expert
for Thailand
Level Contributor
18,140 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Pattaya Pattaya........

Yes higgins68 I agree many people are just so quick to be critical of places, although you should never really compare one place with another as pretty much all places are different, sometimes perhaps people 'should' compare with where they themselves live :)

I would not swop living my life in Thailand to 'anywhere' else in the world, and I mean that with 100% sincerity.

Johannesburg, South...
Level Contributor
399 posts
163 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Pattaya Pattaya........

Pattaya, Pattaya. I've been visiting frequently since 2006. In November will be my 3rd time back to Pattaya, Pattaya this year.

Merseyside, United...
Level Contributor
1,131 posts
71 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Pattaya Pattaya........

I've been going to Pattaya for about 30 yeras now I married a local lady and we would not think of going anywhere else nor would the Children. Totally agree with all the above comments but I'd also add that as long as you use your common sense its one of the safest places for a family holiday.

somerset
Level Contributor
472 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Pattaya Pattaya........

Hi all, i will be going back in November for the 17 th time in 7 yrs. Usually stay a week to catch up with old friends and then head up to Chiang Rai with the g/f who is a hotel manager in Patts for a couple of weeks. then back to Patts to party before coming home. There is no where else like it in the world, so diverse and enjoyable it changes every trip. Enjoy yourselves,

Andy

Sheffield, United...
Level Contributor
94 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Pattaya Pattaya........

My only problem with pattaya is i enjoy it so much that i have never been any where else in thailand, this is a shame i know seems as we travel so far and do not enjoy the rest of thailand. Is there any where else similar to pattaya that any of you guys can recommend, we love the nightlife and not too bothered about beach type holiday.