We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hotel Recommendations

Albury, Australia
Level Contributor
55 posts
Save Topic
Hotel Recommendations

We are traveling to Pattaya April next year and would like some recommendations on Hotels, close to eateries and entertainment. We are in our mid 50's so not out to party but people watch etc, also is walking street interesting or is it more for the Young ones?

Bellaria-Igea...
Level Contributor
12,818 posts
338 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Hotel Recommendations

The Areca Lodge is what You need. Right in the center of Pattaya, eateries everywhere and no youngsters in the hotel.

Hotel is perfectly run by its owners. Just take a look here in Tripadvisor and I'm sure You don't need to look for something else.

Pattaya, Thailand
Destination Expert
for Pattaya, Ho Chi Minh City
Level Contributor
7,660 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Hotel Recommendations

Baywalk Residence, Frasier resort - if looking more up market then Centara or Dunsit.

Bangkok
Destination Expert
for Thailand
Level Contributor
18,140 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Hotel Recommendations

Depends entirely on your budget. Hotels range from inexpensive budget up to 5 star luxury.

Some nice ones mid range are Siam Bayview, Hard Rock Hotel, Siam Bayshore as examples, there is also a very central Marriott Resort.

Very popular and well liked by many is the Dusit Thani, north from center, however, with the local 24/7 songthaews ( pick up with seats in the back that ply routes like a bus service ) with a fare of THB 10 per trip are a bargain.

Let us know your budget, Walking Street is fine and entertainling / lively in mid evening.

The Siam Bayview also has sea view rooms, worth the little extra for the nice views. Siam Baybiew is south of Walking Street, both are excellent.

But do look at the Dusit Thani as it has so many facilities and such good service and accommodation.

If you want to feel young-at-heart the Hard Rock is 'up market' and appeals to many.

Pawtucket, RI
Level Contributor
15,032 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Hotel Recommendations

How much do you want to spend per night on a room? You can get some decent lodging even in the 800 baht to 1400 baht price range if you want. Thousands of tourists even use hotels in the 600 -700 baht range all the time. These are rooms with A/C, private toilet, TV and safe or safety box. But cheaper places do not have fancy front lobbies, gyms or saunas, etc.

I always recommend hotels on or near Pattaya Sai Song. This is so you can WALK to many things. And you can also be able to use cheap baht bus rides too at only 10 baht.

thaiwaysmagazine.com/pattaya_map/pattaya_map…

Walking Street is okay for a look-see. There are many places you can go on tours too. Local travel agencies can provide tours on short notice.

Pattaya has many malls, most of them on Sai Song and Pattaya Beach Road. They all have food courts, restaurants, even fast food outlets to eat at. Lots of places to eat at in all price ranges. Even some supermarkets like Foodland, Tops and Villa Market have in-store restaurants.

Sit at a beer bar anywhere on Sai Song, Beach Road and even in the Walking Street area you will have good "people watching!"

Knowing your price range will make it easier to suggest a hotel location. Use a baht figure! There are many older posts with hotel suggestions.

Good luck.

Level Contributor
1,035 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Hotel Recommendations

Nautical Inn, right on beach road offer an extra large garden and nice pool, basaya resort, also in beach road offer also really large gearden, both near everything

Sheffield, United...
Level Contributor
94 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Hotel Recommendations

I think the dusit would be lovely for you, my first time in pattaya i stopped there it is elegant, beautiful and a lovely location. Lots of people who stop here never stop anywhere else in pattaya. We in our mid 40's and love walking street, yes its noisy and crowded but so much fun. Lots of go go bars but you do not have to go in if you don't want. For people watching it is perfect and also soi 8 is a great street to sit in a good bar and watch what is going on. pattaya my favourite place to holiday so much to do and see and the people are great. We been 4 times in 2 years yes we are totally hooked!!!

Navi Mumbai, India
Destination Expert
for Genting Highlands
Level Contributor
2,758 posts
69 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Hotel Recommendations

Monica + Infidelal - great posts above.

Infidelal, about the the hotels on Sai Song, can you suggest 2-3 names which are in the range THB 2300 - 2700.

We are travelling in Dec with a child so want to be near the malls and food etc.

Thanks

Essex
Level Contributor
194 posts
183 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Hotel Recommendations

We would recommend the Amari Orchid - great location, far enough away from the madness, yet within easy reach of all tourist spots. We are going at the end of March/ beginning of April and prices are not too bad (it's the Easter holidays and Songkran) so tends to be a bit more expensive. Pm if you want further info

Pawtucket, RI
Level Contributor
15,032 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Hotel Recommendations

"about the the hotels on Sai Song, can you suggest 2-3 names which are in the range THB 2300 - 2700. We are travelling in Dec with a child so want to be near the malls and food etc."

++==++

Only 10 baht to get from one end of Sai Song to the other end using baht bus. Any hotel you choose you can either walk to restaurants and malls or use cheap transportation to get there.

Near Central Festival Mall - Siam Bayview.

siamhotels.com/siambayview/default-en.html

Near Avenue Mall - Tim Boutique Hotel.

…bangkok.com/tim-boutique-hotel/rates.htm…

Walk to Big C and etc. - Pattaya Ibis.

ibis.com/gb/…index.shtml

Hotels in December will be at the highest prices. Older posts have a few more hotel suggestions.

Edited: 10 October 2012, 03:13
Cardiff, United...
Level Contributor
962 posts
242 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Hotel Recommendations

I second the Amari.

Others that look good are the A One Cruise and I have seen good deals at the Hard Rock ( But it sometimes looks very lively there).

I have never stayed at the Dusit but it looks great and gets good reviews.

As other have said there are also good value hotels in the sois off the beach road. Sabai resort/wing being good.