We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Room upgrade in Amari Ocean Tower

Sheffield, United...
Level Contributor
13 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Room upgrade in Amari Ocean Tower

I've booked a room in the amari for 10 nights as a surprise for my wife's 40th. I booked with Thomas cook who only had the ocean deluxe room available when I thought as a treat it would be nice to stay in a junior suite. I have since contacted Amari CS who say I can upgrade at a cost of 3500thb/ £700.

Has anyone stayed who can advise if the upgrade is worth it. The CS stated you also get access to a club? Is it worth going at all?

Thanks for any replies.

Sheffield, United...
Level Contributor
94 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Room upgrade in Amari Ocean Tower

Hi we not stopped in the ocean tower but the amari garden wing is amazing and the suites there are fab. We got a free upgrade because of a bit of work going on outside our room. The staff at this hotel cannot do enough for you and ask again when you check in, we do this and find you get a better deal. Didn't go to the club at this hotel but the other hotels we stopped in the club been well worth the money, snacks, drinks a different area to eat breakfast in.

I don't know if you been to pattaya before but the hotel on a great position. We off again on the 25th feb and can't wait, a lot better than sunny old sheffield! you just use a bit of our northern charm and i'm sure you will get a good deal, enjoy.

Pawtucket, RI
Level Contributor
15,003 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Room upgrade in Amari Ocean Tower

"I have since contacted Amari CS who say I can upgrade at a cost of 3500thb/ £700."

UK pounds?

Is this upgrade 3500 baht or 35,000 baht? Is the upgrade increase really closer to 70 pounds????

Cambridge
Level Contributor
7 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Room upgrade in Amari Ocean Tower

Hi, the Ocean Tower is amazing in comparison to the garden wing anyway. All of the rooms are well equiped and furnished with great views. The lobby is truly wonderful.

The suites are fantastic and allow access to the club; especially a nice cocktail before an evening out. If you prefer a large room and the facilities of the club, then go for it. Personally, I would not pay an extra £700 for the privilege - are you sure this is the cost? I would e-mail the hotel again to confirm (they also have an offer on at the moment, so it may be cheaper OR do as I do and offer what you are willing to pay - they can only say yes or no)

Sheffield, United...
Level Contributor
13 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Room upgrade in Amari Ocean Tower

Hi all,

Thanks for the replies. We've never been to pattaya before so really looking forward to it. This is the message I got from amari CS last week.

"Referring to your e-mail, Your booking upgrade to Junior Suite include benefit at 19th Floor Horizon Club, you have to pay additional charge 3,500.-net per night,"

So looking like 35,000thb for 10 nights or am I looking at it wrong. I did think it was expensive but would really like to treat my wife.

Pawtucket, RI
Level Contributor
15,003 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Room upgrade in Amari Ocean Tower

"upgrade at a cost of 3500thb/ £700"

Must be a typo in your first post. Big difference between 3500 baht and 35,000 baht!

Bottom line is that there will be thousands of tourists staying in cheap hotel rooms around the 600 baht to 1000 baht range. (With A/C, private toilet and TV.) Whatever you choose your room should be okay; compared to cheaper places how bad can it be?

Maybe wait to you get to the hotel and ask for a free upgrade or cheaper price.

Adelaide, Australia
Level Contributor
1,355 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Room upgrade in Amari Ocean Tower

Club benefits are usually nice - find out more about this

you usually get brekky, evening cocktails and or afternoon tea as well as all day soft drinks

Adelaide, Australia
Level Contributor
1,355 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Room upgrade in Amari Ocean Tower

Also in regards to the room upgrade - how much time will you spend in the room - is it worth the extra money?

Im sure you could use the money to treat you wife with a day in the spa or a nice dinner

Im always worried about staying in nice rooms but in the end we dont spend much time in the room

Sheffield, United...
Level Contributor
94 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Room upgrade in Amari Ocean Tower

Hi i agree wuth samantha d there are many ways in pattaya to treat your wife great food lovely spa's great body massage's and the hotel you are in is a lovely one so your room should be good. But like i said in earlier post wait till you are checking in and ask again we always do this and get some good deals, ask them to show you your room that you booked first, maybe you will find you don't want to upgrade. I hope you both enjoy pattaya it is a great place, so much to do we been 4 times and not even seen half of this city.

Sheffield, United...
Level Contributor
13 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Room upgrade in Amari Ocean Tower

Yes reading back was a typo in original post. DOH!!!!

Thanks for all the advice and will now wait until we get there and ask to see what they can do. Everybody is correct in the fact we won't spend that much time in the room anyway.

Just can't wait to tell my wife now but got to wait until her birthday.

Cardiff, United...
Level Contributor
962 posts
242 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Room upgrade in Amari Ocean Tower

The club lounge is lovely, but as others have said is it really worth £700?

As well as the cocktails, you will get wine, which can be expensive in Thailand.It is alos a nice way to start the evening. I think they are served 6pm to 8pm

I take it you are room only? The £700 would give you brekkie each day at the lounge or the regular brekkie room.

There are several nice bars near the hotel for a chilled cocktail , glass of wine etc beofre you hit the bedlam. Personally id stick with your room, have brekkie out and go to places like mantra, tavern by the sea or gullivers for snacks and drinks.

I would recommend trying to get the mantra experience in your package through the hotel as a treat for your wifes birthday. its £25 each for a cocktail and excellent taster menu meal in an fantastic setting.