We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

coral island tour pattaya

Chennai (Madras...
Level Contributor
54 posts
Save Topic
coral island tour pattaya

Hi, Me & my friends are visiting pattaya during may 1st week for two nights. We plan to visit coral island & request following info

1. Is it a good place to visit considering our short stay & hot pattaya weather.

2. Suggestion for a good value for money tour operator for coral island tour and approx cost per person incl pick up & drop to hotel near walking street.

If not coral island pl suggest any other out door activity.

Thanks in advance for yr valuable inputs.

Pawtucket, RI
Level Contributor
15,210 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: coral island tour pattaya

There are quite a few posts on Koh Larn. Use SEARCH choice above for some of them. Top questions section on right side also has information you can use.

Pattaya weather shouldn't be a lot different than Chennai as far as temperatures go. You can compare temperatures using Google.

Since you say traveling with friends, I think Koh Larn is a time waster if you are only in town for 2 days if you are not traveling as a family group. In Pattaya you can sign on to tours through city travel agencies, maybe even your hotel too. But usually you sign up for this the day or evening before. Includes pickup from and return to your hotel.

There are many posts on what to see and do in Pattaya that show up with a forum search and a Google search.

holidaycityflash.com/thailand/pattaya_things…

Indian tourists seem to like transvestite shows like Tiffany and Alcazar.

Have fun.

Hyderabad, India
Level Contributor
3,080 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: coral island tour pattaya

You can also visit Koh larn island by yourself, which will cost you very less. Its taking a ferry from the end of Walking Street. Use the search function and you will get details.

If this is your visit to Pattaya , I would suggest you to spend half a day here.

Pattaya
Level Contributor
489 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: coral island tour pattaya

If you just want to go to the island, go to the pier and take the ferry, that's the easiest and cheapest way to do it. But don't do it on the weekends, the island is too crowded.

An alternative could be a catamaran trip, the one I used last week stopped at three islands, an hour at each island allowing people to go to the beach by a small boat og snorkeling from the boat. A nice buffet and snacks during the 8 hour trip and free soft drinks. The normal price for this trip is 2.800 and if you are a larger group you might get it down to 2.500 a head. Some places will tell you that the normal price is 3.800 and they give you a discount of 1.000, but they say that every time, the price has never been 3.800 :-)

Level Contributor
3 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: coral island tour pattaya

Koh Larn (or Coral Island) is only 15 minutes by speedboat from Pattaya. You can easily rent a speedboat from Pattaya Beach or from Bali Hai Pier at the end of walking street to go there. Also from Bali Hai Pier you can take a ferry to Koh Larn which takes about an hour. There are few lodging options on the Island and most people opt for a day trip to sit on a "nicer: beach than those in Pattaya or Jomtien. However, Koh Larn is extremely busy and dont expect to find any kind of quite hideway or secluded beach there. All of the Koh Larn beaches get extremely busy and honestly use a lot of caution when you are swimming or snorkling there as there are a lot of Jet Skis and Boats zooming around - I will let you do your own research, but just yesterday a speedboat full of Korean tourists where badly (some very badly) injured when two speed boards collided.

If you are looking for something a little more peacful then you will need to go to the far islands, where you will find seculded beaches and much cleaner quieter waters. As the last poster said, you could take the catamaran trip which takes 50 people per trip or you could try http://www.pattayaboatcharter.com who run VIP trips to the far islands on proper luxury speed boards as well as Monkey Island where you can swim with the monkeys as well.

Of course if you dont fancy the water but still want some excitement then feel free to visit us at http://www.pattayabungyjump.com

Hope the information helps.

Mark

Pawtucket, RI
Level Contributor
15,210 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: coral island tour pattaya

With only 2 days your time is limited. You don't mention wife or mother or father or children - usually this means young men out for partying, etc.

Koh Larn info.

http://kohlarn.com/

Want something different - Flight of the Gibbon.

http://www.treetopasia.com/

Up to you.

Aberdeen
Level Contributor
2 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: coral island tour pattaya

I would not really recommend Koh Larn (coral Island) due to how busy it always is, its not really any different from trying to find a quiet spot on Pattaya beach. As well as there being thousands of visitors every day, there is also the noise of the constant speedboats and jet skies to consider as well. All in all i never really enjoyed any of the trips i have taken to Koh Larn.

I would highly recommend a speedboat tour to the Far Islands, here you will find more secluded beaches and the tropical white sandy beaches, snorkeling is also excellent at the far islands, and a lot safer as there is hardly any traffic on the water.

You can either charter a full speed boat to yourselves from the pier at the end of walking street, although if you are only a small group if friends this will work out expensive.

Another option as someone posted above is to join a tour, there are 2 main optiona in Pattaya, a big catamaran which holds around 60 passengers (so in my opinion not really exclusive or private)

The second option is a luxury speed boat tour with www.pattayaboatcharter.com, they offer daily trips to the far islands, which include hotel pick up/drop off, lunch, sea kayaking and a visit to Monkey islands where you can feed very tame wild monkeys, it is also possible to swim with the monkeys.

Hope this helps and you have a great trip.

Cheers

Chennai (Madras...
Level Contributor
54 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: coral island tour pattaya

Thanks every one for your valuable suggestion. We are planning to go on 4th May Saturday. Will it be very crowded to take ferry from pier.

Also Infidelal this flight of gibbon which you suggest - what would it cost per head ?

Thnx once again.

Pawtucket, RI
Level Contributor
15,210 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: coral island tour pattaya

Prices on the Gibbon link.

Copy and paste if the link doesn't click on.

https:/…

9. Re: coral island tour pattaya

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 24 April 2014, 06:18