We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Visiting pattaya

Which Pattaya hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
New Delhi, Delhi...
Level Contributor
3 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
Visiting pattaya

Hi All,

I am visiting pattaya next month, if you guys could help me out with your experiences about the best places to go & what things to do.

Kolkata (Calcutta...
Level Contributor
1,728 posts
154 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Visiting pattaya

Hi Manav. are you visiting pataya in the end of july ??? There are chances of rain during that time and maybe outdoor activities will be restricted. Pataya is a nice place to go for and you will see lots of Indian tourists out there but not sure about the wet season.

There are lots of things to do and see like Big Buddha, Ripleys Believe it or not, Noong Noch Garden, Tiffany's Show.

For Night Life Walking street is the place for you. Just go there and rest they will take care for you ;)

Cheers

Pawtucket, RI
Level Contributor
14,782 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Visiting pattaya

Start with the FAQ's under the heading "Top Questions About Pattaya" on the right side. There are many old posts on this question. My usual suggestion is to choose a hotel location not far from Pattaya Sai Song so you can walk to malls, restaurants, nightlife, cheap transportation and Seven Eleven type stores and supermarkets. Local transportation is only 10 baht unless you are in remote areas.

Copy and paste:

http://www.tripadvisor.com/SearchForums?q=what+to+do+in+pattaya&scope=2&sub-search=Search&ff=9439&geo=293919&returnTo=__2F__ShowForum__2D__g293919__2D__i9439__2D__Pattaya__5F__Chonburi__5F__Province__2E__html

If you will be in Pattaya for only a day or two you probably won't be able to see everything you want to see. Schedule some time just to relax.

thaiwaysmagazine.com/pattaya_map/pattaya_map…

Good luck.

Pattaya, Thailand
Destination Expert
for Pattaya, Ho Chi Minh City
Level Contributor
7,660 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Visiting pattaya

Rainy season is misleading it doesnt rain 24/7 - most of the time its 20-30 min down pours and an hr or so later you wouldnt even realize it rained.

Pawtucket, RI
Level Contributor
14,782 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Visiting pattaya

Rainfall is probably worse in New Delhi!

Tourists visit Pattaya every month of the year. I like the rainy season where the plants and grasses look greener and more alive!

From below link:

What to Expect During Thailand's Rainy Season

No rain for a week at a time

Night rain and clear days

Torrential rains that last 30 minutes to 2 hours, then clearing and sun

Overcast days with little to no rain

Two to three days per week with rainfall only parts of the day, especially later in the rainy season

guidetothailand.com/thailand-travel-informat…

New Delhi, Delhi...
Level Contributor
3 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Visiting pattaya

HI sanchit, thanks for the feedback :) and yes i am going there on 12th july !!

New Delhi, Delhi...
Level Contributor
3 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Visiting pattaya

Thanks britmaveric for the suggestion..just need to know some places which are not too known to everyone..i mean some nice places which are good but not explored by everyone, i am having a stay of 5 days in thailand.

And where can i get electronics in bangkok, hav heard that its pretty much cheap as compared to india!!

Bangkok, Thailand
Level Contributor
9,534 posts
93 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Visiting pattaya

If you plan to buy electronics, you should check first the prices at home, since Thailand is not universally cheap. For instance, the prices of authentic mobile phones are nothing special, although you can find cheap fakes of dubious functionality and quality. Supermarket chains like Big C have quite decent home electronics sections. In Bangkok Panthip Plaza or Fortune Town are well-known for IT stuff, but Pattaya has both Big C and the TUKCOM IT mall, so there is no compelling reason to go and shop in Bangkok unless you have some other reason to visit it.

Pattaya has been built on tourism so any nice place that has stayed in business will have been seen by large numbers of people. You give no hints on what you consider to be nice or interesting, either.

As a random proposal, Horseshoe Point http://www.horseshoepoint.com provides many kinds of activities including riding lessons and the Three Kingdoms Park http://www.horseshoepoint.com/?MPage=6 . This resort is pretty far east behind the Sukhumvit Road so it should still be off the beaten path for foreign tourists, although a steady stream of Thai tourists keep them in business. The room rates were relatively expensive and it is quite far from any nightlife, though.

Raipur...
Level Contributor
26 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Visiting pattaya

Hi Manav, I have been to Thailand (Bangkok, Pattaya) last year for a week. You can buy a big LED TV there which would be few thousands cheaper there. The more bigger the TV the bigger the price difference (cheaper than Indian rate) Many Indian tourists purchase TVs there.

In Pattaya, go to Floating Market, Buddha Mountain, Walking Street for Night Life.

I am planning to go again in July 3rd week.

Pattaya, Thailand
Destination Expert
for Pattaya, Ho Chi Minh City
Level Contributor
7,660 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Visiting pattaya

Pantip in Bangkok is electronics place to be.

V G
Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
12 posts
1 review
Save Reply
10. Re: Visiting pattaya

Hi Manav.

Ill be in pattaya on 13 july. Ill be coming from Australia by myself. Care to catchup?