We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Bali vs Pattaya for Honeymoon

ahmeda
1 post
Save Topic
Bali vs Pattaya for Honeymoon

Hi, i am planning a 5 to 6 days honeymoon in Feb.

i have shortlisted 2 locations: 1) Bali and 2) Bangkok Pattaya.

not sure where to go.

i require quite romantic beaches, nice hotel / resort and no nonsense stuffs.

please help.

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
30 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Bali vs Pattaya for Honeymoon

It really depends on what you want to do with your time. If you just want to sit on a beach and not do any shopping then I would suggest Sanur in Bali. It has some wonderful hotels that are out of the way and on the beach. ( http://www.santrian.com/puri/) This one has an age limit so you won't get children running round being loud. I haven't been to Pattaya but have been to Patong and Bangkok. Bangkok is very busy but like I said depends on what you want and what your budget is. I stay in the Sunset Beach Resort when in Phuket/Patong and the Siam at Siam in Bangkok. These both have good web sites. Hope this helps a little.

Gold Coast
Destination Expert
for Ko Pha Ngan, Ko Samui, Thailand
Level Contributor
26,115 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Bali vs Pattaya for Honeymoon

Pattaya does not have quiet, romantic beaches. You should look at somewhere Koh Lanta in the south.

Italy
Level Contributor
39,510 posts
236 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Bali vs Pattaya for Honeymoon

Pattaya isn't a honeymoon destination so Bali would be e better choice.

London, United...
Level Contributor
14,319 posts
124 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Bali vs Pattaya for Honeymoon

Bali would get my vote over Pattaya for a honeymoon. But Khoa Lak or Koh Lanta would win over Bali.

What is 'no nonsense stuffs' ??

Bangkok, Thailand
Level Contributor
441 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Bali vs Pattaya for Honeymoon

BALI by all means. Pattaya is Not a Honeymoon destination !!

Frankston Australia
Level Contributor
239 posts
69 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Bali vs Pattaya for Honeymoon

Hi,

I am in Pattaya right at this moment sitting by the pool and can tell you that you are far better off going to Bali than Pattaya for your honeymoon. Pattaya looks like a dirtyrubbish tip and you would not swim in the sea there. Restaurants are closing down and there are more girly bars than ever now. The changes in North Pattaya since we were here less than 2 years ago are not good. Empty shops everywhere. Very sad really. We won;t be coming back again

We stayed in Bali for 5 weeks and Bangkok/Phuket for 3 weeks last year and Phuket beats Pattaya hands down for beaches in Thailand.There are a number of beautiful islands around Thailand as well that would suit you far better.

We will be back in Bali in Feb for 3 weeks staying in Sanur/Tanjung Benoa and Lombok/ Gilli Islands and in my opinion any one of these would suit you.

Other posters may have different thoughts and opinions but wherever you decide on have a great time

Bangkok, Thailand
Level Contributor
1,274 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Bali vs Pattaya for Honeymoon

Honestly Pattaya isn't a nice beach for Honeymoon but if you don't want to go far check out for Hua Hin ,

Beautiful beach will be in southern which is Krabi (Railay bay), Phi Phi islands, Phuket, Samui, Lipe, Khao Lak, Koh Tao, but it's quite far from Bangkok.

Dublin, Ireland
Level Contributor
293 posts
153 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Bali vs Pattaya for Honeymoon

Parts of Bali are becoming more and more like pattaya every day. As a visitor to both destinations there is no doubt in my mind that pattaya is most certainly not a destination for a honeymoon couple. However my recent. Visit to Bali did not impress and some of the worst elements of pattaya like dirt poor service scamming attempts etc are very evident in many tourist area,s. I would endorse some of the recommendations for other parts of Thailand together with the suggestion that the island of Lombok is totally unspoilt by mass tourism and would be a place I would recommend to members of my own family when honeymoon time arrives

Pawtucket, RI
Level Contributor
16,548 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Bali vs Pattaya for Honeymoon

Believe it or not - quite a few honeymooners choose Pattaya. They do this for convenience and to save money. Once you get out of the Pattaya City area you have some expensive resort areas. The beaches could be better in Pattaya area. But some honeymooners don't even leave the hotel grounds or swim at beaches and a nice pool is just fine!

Bali is popular with some women because they can rent local Kuta Cowboys.

If you are well to do maybe visit Hawaii or Niagra Falls!

Up to you.

Edited: 31 July 2013, 14:14
London, United...
Destination Expert
for Thailand
Level Contributor
10,224 posts
163 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Bali vs Pattaya for Honeymoon

Of the 2 I would say Bali for a honeymoon, but if you are considering other places in Thailand you might consider Hua Hin for less travel or Krabi