We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Spending money - Singapore- Bangkok - Pattaya- Kuala lumpur

Doha, Qatar
Level Contributor
44 posts
Save Topic
Spending money - Singapore- Bangkok - Pattaya- Kuala lumpur

So I am wondering how much spending money to take :

1)All hotels and tickets are paid for.

2) All tickets to universal stuoid and sea aquarium , night safari ,legoland are paid for.

Type of food:

We will be eating Fast Food , as we have a limited vacation time , so Wendys, Mcds , Burger King etc.

Clothes/Bags:

We will be buying around 4 Handbags . And a couple of shirts . And Two luggage bags to put our items in .

Here is the iternary:

1) 3 days in singapore

2) 4 days in Pattaya

3) 2 Days in Bangkok

4) 4 Days in Kuala lumpur

How much money would be advisable to take ? My budget was around 55,000 THB? or should i take more?

Pawtucket, RI
Level Contributor
16,018 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Spending money - Singapore- Bangkok - Pattaya- Kuala lumpur

Looks like you will be flying a lot because the distances are too great between various countries for cheap bus rides.

Pattaya is cheaper than Bangkok for hotels. Bangkok is cheaper than Singapore for hotels.

"We will be eating Fast Food , as we have a limited vacation time , so Wendys, Mcds , Burger King etc."

A plate of fried rice would be cheaper than "fast food" from above places. Food courts in malls have cheap food too.

Thirteen days - 55,000 baht - around 4000 baht a day. That is more than some tourists spend even paying for hotel rooms too! The equivalent of over $100 US would be okay for most people. Singapore will be more expensive than Bangkok. (Hotels in Pattaya with private toilet, TV, linen, maid service and air conditioning start around $20 US.) You may pay more for transportation in Pattaya if you chose a hotel far from Pattaya City. Pattaya city transportation by baht bus is 10 baht. In Bangkok a hotel near the Skytrain allows you to use cheap transportation.

Thailand is not some little out of the way village in a remote jungle in Africa. They have banks and banks have ATM's. You can use debit cards in Thai ATM's if you need extra cash per day. Read up on how to use credit cards and debit cards overseas.

Something made in Pattaya will usually be cheaper than something made elsewhere. Bangkok may have cheaper prices for some of your things.

Pawtucket, RI
Level Contributor
16,018 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Spending money - Singapore- Bangkok - Pattaya- Kuala lumpur

If the handbags (and anything else) you want to buy are made in countries different than Thailand there may be no cost advantage. Know the price back home for things you want to buy in Thailand. Alcohol is cheaper in Thailand than Singapore.

Doha, Qatar
Level Contributor
44 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Spending money - Singapore- Bangkok - Pattaya- Kuala lumpur

Thank you for your response. All the hotels and tickets are paid for at the moment , so the 55,000 is just for sepnding money thats all. So do you suggest I bring morey money? Yes its around 4320 THB a day.

London, United...
Level Contributor
14,032 posts
124 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Spending money - Singapore- Bangkok - Pattaya- Kuala lumpur

55,000 baht with all hotels and flights already paid is plenty.

Please don't live on junk fast food when you can get delicious street food in these counties cheaper.

Doha, Qatar
Level Contributor
44 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Spending money - Singapore- Bangkok - Pattaya- Kuala lumpur

In addition , we are muslims , so we do not drink . So there will be no money spent on drinks.

The handbags i am looking for , are the non genuine ones , thats it.

Pawtucket, RI
Level Contributor
16,018 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Spending money - Singapore- Bangkok - Pattaya- Kuala lumpur

Thirteen days - 55,000 baht - around 4000 baht a day. That is more than some tourists spend even paying for hotel rooms too! The equivalent of over $100 US would be okay for most people.

Not drinking, not eating at regular restaurants - you have more than enough money unless you just throw your money away. Are Wendy's, McDonalds, Burger Kings halal? There are muslims living in Pattaya. Many not far from Walking Street and the area near Tuk-Com.

Doha, Qatar
Level Contributor
44 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Spending money - Singapore- Bangkok - Pattaya- Kuala lumpur

I believe they are?

Phuket Town...
Level Contributor
2,590 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Spending money - Singapore- Bangkok - Pattaya- Kuala lumpur

I don't think the burgers are halal at Burger King and McD in Thailand. Why should it be that, when Thailand is not a muslim country. I know in Europe the meat is not halal. And also there is no Wendys in Thailand. Why not stick with the street food which is made just as fast, cheaper, better taste?

Bangkok, Thailand
Level Contributor
9,863 posts
93 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Spending money - Singapore- Bangkok - Pattaya- Kuala lumpur

Thailand has a significant Muslim minority and Bangkok is one of the places where you will see plenty of mosques if you bother to look. It would be foolish for fast food chains not to serve this minority, so the certainly will have some halal products.

Internationally branded fast food is quite expensive compared to local meals. If the speed of getting your meal is an issue, eat at street stalls or at food courts which found in shopping malls and department stores. You will get your food as quickly as at McDonald's and it will taste much better for less money.

Phuket Town...
Level Contributor
2,590 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Spending money - Singapore- Bangkok - Pattaya- Kuala lumpur

Hi Goodsoil, I know about the big muslim minority in Thailand. But now I have done a quick search on the internet, and it says that muslim should stay clear of those chains in Thailand because they can't be sure it is halal. A site even showed that non of the meat is halal.