We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Shopping Malls in Pattaya

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
298 posts
11 reviews
Save Topic
Shopping Malls in Pattaya

Hi

Just wondering if the Malls in Pattaya have enough range for me to skip travelling to Bangkok as it is so far away from Laem Chabang port.

I am looking for shoes, bags, and clothing shopping. Not looking at any international brand. Not looking at cheap market stuff. Fixed price, qaulity low-mid range prices.

hope someone can help and save us time as we only have 2 days before our ship leaves.

thanks

Peoria, Illinois
Level Contributor
572 posts
69 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Shopping Malls in Pattaya

Pattaya has a relatively new Central mall. I'm not sure if it's a Central Plaza or Central Festival, but it does have Central in the name. The biggest department store is Central. You will find a nice variety of shops here with clothing, shoes, bags, etc.

perth
Destination Expert
for Ko Samui, Thailand
Level Contributor
20,288 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Shopping Malls in Pattaya

Hi

In Pattaya its called " Central festival " located on beach road. The mall have some vey nice shops as well as Department store within.

Happy shopping

3. Re: Shopping Malls in Pattaya

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may post again if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 04 November 2013, 06:29
Edited: 04 November 2013, 06:29
Bangkok
Destination Expert
for Thailand
Level Contributor
18,140 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Shopping Malls in Pattaya

There are several , Central Festival on beach Road is good , if you shop you can do lunch with views over the bay also you can go up to th Hilton which does reasonaable price biffet lunch each day , also get great views .

There are also other malls and lots of shops

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
298 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Shopping Malls in Pattaya

Hi

Thanks for the quick reply.

I am looking at the following shopping to do over 1 or 2 days

1. The Avenue

2. Royal Garden Plaza

3. Central Festival

4.Central Festival Pattaya Beach

Are they close to each other? Can I wave a Baht Bus Or Songtaew to take me to all these?

thanks again

perth
Destination Expert
for Ko Samui, Thailand
Level Contributor
20,288 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Shopping Malls in Pattaya

From memory I think the Avnue are on the Pattaya 2nd raod ( hopefully some can correct me) but short songhtheaw rides.

The Central festival and Centeal festival Pattaya beach are the same one.

Yes you can just hop on bath bus.

Bangkok
Destination Expert
for Thailand
Level Contributor
18,140 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Shopping Malls in Pattaya

The Avenue is not that good now in my opinion, Royal Garden is long established, due to one way system best to do Central on Beach Road and 'then' Royal Garden yes you are right just B 10 hop, the Marriott at Royal garden is nice if you want to freshen up ( ie restrooms ) before heading back to the ship.

Before Royal Garden the Mike Shopping Mall ( been there I guess 25+ years ) is ok if looking for cheaper items.

My tip would be to get Oriental Express to take you and drop you at central Festival and then arrange for them to pick you up , arranging to pick you up from the Marriott is convenient / well known good location point. That makes for a well organised and reliable trip.

The buffet lunch at Hilton are good value, but there are also lots of eateries and cheap food at Festival.

Nice views from the Hilton

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8jaYe60WEfA

Also on I think 4th floor ( not sure ) but next to KFC is nice modern restaurant with sea views to do lunch but Hilton lunches are honestly very good value

If you have sufficient time then should you be inclined you could visit the Santuary of Truth before heading back once you have done all your shopping but of course mention that when booking transport so driver allows plenty of time

Edited: 04 November 2013, 08:07
Bangkok
Destination Expert
for Thailand
Level Contributor
18,140 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Shopping Malls in Pattaya

I think maybe there is a map to show locations, will check for you

Edited: 04 November 2013, 08:12
Bangkok
Destination Expert
for Thailand
Level Contributor
18,140 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Shopping Malls in Pattaya

Ok on this you need to click to make it bigger but see the 3 green areas from left to righ shows Royal garden, Mike, Central Beach Road from left to right + far top right Central Festival

http://pattaya-times.com/images/en/6263.jpg

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
298 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Shopping Malls in Pattaya

Thanks Guys, really helpful.

Monica4: - do you mean oriental escape? private car rental and driver? If so, are you suggesting to book them all day? As I don't know what time I should allow for shopping? Can I do all these in 1 day?

Sweetpea6468 - ??Central festival and Center festival Pattaya beach are the same. From the map supplied there seems to be 2 there.

can you pls clarify?

Also how much would taxi fare cost to go to pattaya from our ship as we are not sure which day we want to go if it can all be done in one day. Also, would getting a taxi back to the ship be a lot of hassle if dont book a private driver?

thanks again