We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Going on a honey Moon - How much Money will be required

Which Pattaya hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
New Delhi, India
Level Contributor
26 posts
19 reviews
Save Topic
Going on a honey Moon - How much Money will be required

Hi

I am Going on a vacation with my wife to Pattaya and Bangkok for 8 days. We had no idea on how much we had to carry as the hotel and flights are already booked. I thought of taking a 1000 USD and How wisely can we spent it for traveling, site seeing and other leisure activities. Kindly help. I neither have idea to waste money nor so much stringent.

Motherwell, United...
Level Contributor
2,926 posts
70 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Going on a honey Moon - How much Money will be required

$125 each day should be plenty. You'll be able to do a few activities and even a few special meals too.

Kind regards

Jim

Pawtucket, RI
Level Contributor
14,444 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Going on a honey Moon - How much Money will be required

Hotel and flights booked $1000 US should be more than enough. But everything depends on where you choose to eat and drink and if you give out huge tips. If your hotel is in the Pattaya City area you can walk to many things or use cheap 10 baht transportation. Many tourists get by with less money than what you have and they have to include paying for hotels too.

You can go cheap in Pattaya and you can spend lavishly. After a few days see how much you are spending. Over budget spend less on next few days. Budget travelers do okay in Pattaya.

First day visit local travel agencies near your hotel and check the cost of your tours. Travel agencies will have a menu selection of tours to select from. They pick up at your hotel and bring you back.

Most tourists would do okay on your budget.

Hyderabad, India
Level Contributor
3,025 posts
66 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Going on a honey Moon - How much Money will be required

It all depends on what hotels you want and what all the attractions you like to see. If you go with 3 star hotels, see touristy things, take public transportation, I think your budget of $ 1000 is quite ok.

Gold Coast
Destination Expert
for Ko Pha Ngan, Ko Samui, Thailand
Level Contributor
24,951 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Going on a honey Moon - How much Money will be required

@sanjeev_abhish, hotels are already booked and paid for.

Bangkok, Thailand
Level Contributor
413 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Going on a honey Moon - How much Money will be required

Depends on how much your wife spends. Ha

New Delhi, India
Level Contributor
26 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Going on a honey Moon - How much Money will be required

haha well said

7. Re: Going on a honey Moon - How much Money will be required

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 20 November 2014, 06:21